The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 29, 2002, 03:41 PM   #1
Malpaso

Best price on Dillon 550B

I understand that there are better prices out there for a 550B than buying direct from Dillon. Any suggestions? I am of course concerned with buying from a reputable source. Also, does this affect potential service needs from Dillon themselves should that need arise in the future? (Of note, I will not shop on ebay.)
Old July 29, 2002, 04:43 PM   #2
Steve Smith

I don't believe that you'll fond much better than 10% off of Dillon pricing...they keep the screws tight on their dealers. Sometimes you'll find a guy that just became a Dillon dealer and he'll get a better break to get some stock in. Dillon doesn't care how you get the piece as long as it has their name on it, so buying from Ebay is fine service-wise. Beware, there are a lot of folks on Ebay with "brand new" units that have the same price as you can get elsewhere...you will wind up paying more through them, though.

If it looks like an ad, it probably is.

Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1846729367

That is an ad.

This is not an "ad" but a normal guy selling his press:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1846848552

If I were you, I'd snipe that puppy with a $270 limit.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old August 1, 2002, 11:47 AM   #3
SC_shooter

Try www.brianenos.com

He was extremely fast when I ordered my 650 and subsequent pieces. I got 10% off. That's about as low as I have seen.
Old August 3, 2002, 12:20 AM   #4
craigz

I've seen some places selling Dillon presses a little cheaper than Dillon themselves, but most of the time, it does not include the free conversion kit that Dillon gives you with the press.
Old August 4, 2002, 09:00 PM   #5
Redneck2

Also...

Dillon has a max of $16.50 IIRC on shipping. You can order all you want for that, presses, conversion kits, dies.

Also consider sales tax (or none) on out-of-state. There's 1/2 of your 10% right there.
Old August 8, 2002, 11:59 AM   #6
Cinic

I recently ordered my 550 and accessories from Powder Valley. They offer 10% off Dillion prices. Quick service as well, ordered on a Monday morning and had the stuff on Friday via UPS ground. I'm also in AZ, so if I'd bought from Dillon I would have paid more in sales tax than I did for shipping, and not received the 10% discount.