The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 10, 2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Don P

Help from Obama Care

The following link will provide info that is part of Obama Care and prevents the federal government from having a gun/ammo registry.
I wonder if Sheriff Joe Biden and the the rest of his posse are aware?

The amendment is 3276 Section 2716 Part C

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/2900...ammo-registry/
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old January 10, 2013, 11:49 AM   #2
CowTowner

I love it! But, as we all know, using there own words (or amendments) against them simply isn't fair.
Making sense and following the law is just not being progressive.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old January 10, 2013, 11:55 AM   #3
budoboy

That is one of the funniest things I have seen. I don't know how it will play out, but it should be interesting.
Old January 10, 2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Hal

Wow - this went virul in the last hour since I saw it on Facebook.

The rumor is false.
http://wizbangblog.com/2013/01/10/ob...-registration/

The link explains what the actual text is and what it covers.

An hour ago it only took a few seconds to find a link to dispell the rumor.
Can't do that now...
FWIW here's the actual text:
Quote:
1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS- A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to–`(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or`(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.`(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION- None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to–`(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;`(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or`(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.`(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS- None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.`(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE- A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon–`(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or`(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.`(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS- No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to–`(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or`(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.’.
Old January 10, 2013, 11:25 PM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

Hal's reading is correct. Care providers cannot force disclosure of information. That's it.

Furthermore, if we can't even call a bill by its correct name, we're not really discussing it intelligently.
Closed Thread