The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 11, 2006, 10:02 AM   #1
TaylorNic

870 Trigger Plate

Hi Everyone,
I need some advice on a replacement trigger plate. My plastic version is cracking around the safety.
I was hoping to find a Police version, so I hopefully won't have to replace it again due to cracking and also get rid of the toyish "J" hook safety.
I found a supposed Police version at Brownells. Can someone look at this and tell me what it really is? Since Brownells don't use Remington numbers, I can't tell what they are listing (or thinking they are listing)....
Thanks!
Taylor...

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/sto...Y%2c+RH+SAFETY
Old February 11, 2006, 09:24 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

That's the real deal.

It's a Police model aluminum trigger plate.

Although it's listed as "Parkerized" it really means the aluminum has a finish that LOOKS like the parkerized finish on Police guns.

You could buy a trigger plate assembly on Ebay, but here, you're getting a NEW police unit, which will have the Flex-Tab conversion installed.
Old February 11, 2006, 10:39 PM   #3
TaylorNic

Thanks very much!

I agree on what I will be getting by buying new. I was sort of confused by the "parkerized" description, so I thought I would ask here before I ordered.

I had forgotten about the Flexi-Tab, is there anything else I need to upgrade for the Flexi-Tab when I do the swap out?
Old February 12, 2006, 01:32 AM   #4
Dfariswheel

Remington says that part of the Flex-tab conversion is a new bolt, but I've heard some people say that they dropped in a flex-tab without replacing the bolt and it reportedly worked fine.

Bottom line is, I simply don't know since I was retiring about the time the flex-tab was just being introduced.

I do know that a new bolt is expensive, but you can buy black Express bolts on Ebay at reasonable prices, and they were designed after the flex-tab was standard equipment.

What you might do is find someone with a newer gun with the flex-tab and compare your bolt and bolt slide to theirs.

The flex-tab slide "may" have an extra slot on the side.
Old February 13, 2006, 06:05 AM   #5
TaylorNic

I appreciate all the info! About when did the Flexi-Tab show up?
Old February 13, 2006, 02:54 PM   #6
Dfariswheel

20 years ago ?????????? I really don't know.