The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 24, 1999, 08:37 PM   #1
Cat

In 1987 I bought a Simmons Gold Medal 6.5x20 'scope for my new Ruger 77V .308. It has been on my Ruger 77V .220 Swift and recently a Ruger 10/22T. Last month, while shooting a match with the 10/22T, one of the lenses popped out of its mount inside the scope. I call Simmons and talked with "Lee". He said to send it in and they would repair it free as long as the tube was not bent. I packed it up and away it went. About ten days later a brand new Simmons Gold Medal 6x20 shows up in the mail. Needless to say I really appreciate this kind of fast, friendly service. I have several Leupold scopes and they are very fine. But the Simmons Gold Medal line is very good and I will buy another Simmons Gold Medal without reservation when the time comes.
Thank you Lee and Simmons.
Cat
Old July 24, 1999, 10:45 PM   #2
bergie

Cat,
Could you please post or e-mail me a contact # for Simmons? I have a very minor but annoying problem with one of my scopes, and looking through all of the papers that came with it there is no # given for customer service.
Thanks,
B
Old July 26, 1999, 09:54 PM   #3
bergie

Cat,
Thanks for the #.
B
Old July 27, 1999, 11:25 AM   #4
Cat

You're welcome. Keep shootin'.
Cat
Old March 1, 2001, 04:30 AM   #5
fgerardij

Good to hear. I just bought the Gold Medal 6-20x44 on sale at Cabellas. I usually shy away from them as they're expensive, but they had a special buy on this scope for $239! List was around $389 for this scope. Haven't mounted it yet but the image and quality look good.

You guys may want to check it out. I called Simmons and since they've been absorbed by the Blount corporation, they're discontinuing this model.

Regards,
fgerardij