The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 20, 2006, 10:29 AM   #1
IZHUMINTER

Kudos to Patriot Ordnance Factory!

I've been meaning to get an EBR for the last several years, but never quite built up the necessary funds or motivation. So, this last year, I set aside $150 a month for an EBR fund that would mature in time for Christmas. I talked to my friends, handled as many models of EBR from different manufacturers as I could and sent emails to various manufactureres and distributors. Then a pair of S.W.A.T. and Shotugn News articles on the new DSA Gas Trap Carbine caught my eye. I dug up everything I could on the GTC, and found out that it wasn't in fact made by DSA, but by a company I'd never heard of.

Fort those of you who also haven't heard of them, Patriot Ordnance Factory is a Glendale, AZ based company that got its start importing H&K licensed products from Pakistan. They are a Class III manufacturer, and very law-enforcement and military friendly. Browsing their site, I was pleasantly surprised to find their prices were significantly better than DSAs.

I gather that they are a small shop, as sometimes my emails might take a day or two, or sometimes I'd have to send a second one to get a response...so I just took to calling them instead. That is the ONLY complaint I have about the entire process of getting my sweet new EBR. Every call left me feeling good about the status of my rifle, as their folks were completely knowledgeable about where every piece was at in the process (for example, one call let me know that their barrels would be ready Tuesday, and the lowers for that run were being re-anodized due to a problem the first time around). They built me a rifle that met all of my needs, at a price I could afford and made sure to get it to me by Christmas. Best of all, it came out of the box exactly like I ordered it and shoots like a dream.

If you, your department or agency are looking for a Gas Trap Carbine or H&K parts, do yourself a favor and check them out. For my money they're the guys to deal with.

http://www.pof-usa.com
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter
Old January 20, 2006, 04:48 PM   #2
rapier144

Thanks for the info i was wondering if they was good place to buy from . I really want one of those gas trap carbines.
Old January 20, 2006, 07:04 PM   #3
IZHUMINTER

I like mine very, very much

Here's what the star chamber looked like after 500 rounds of Black Hills match and a quick wipe with a single cotton swab:

Here's the bolt face after being wiped the same cotton swab I used on the chamber:

All told, it only took about 30 minutes of cleaning to return the entire weapon to near-factory conditions. No dental tools, no solvents. I've had pistols that were harder to clean.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter