The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 7, 2011, 07:49 PM   #1
kruzzer

Taurus 85 grip???

First post on any firearm forum...I am a super mod on a few other boards(we will get into that on a later date) Have a question for the experts....

My wife is new to handguns...She has been shooting my 357 (taurus 617) with 38 special rounds...She liked it so much she wanted her own gun. She got the model 85 taurus...The problem she is having is pain in her hand. Anyone have a solution for a softer, longer, fuller grip so the recoil won't be as bad??? She has tried the hogue monogrip but its not long enough...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
KZ
Old February 7, 2011, 09:30 PM   #2
GP100man

It`s a physics thing the recoil will still be there just spread out more with a bigger/longer grip !

Have ya looked on Tauras` site to see what they offer ???

Does her 85 have hard grips or the rubber 1s???

My 85 has rubber grips while they do there part in taming the recoil it`s still no fun gun to shoot with +p ammo
Old February 7, 2011, 10:25 PM   #3
kruzzer

It came with the mother of pearl grip and she bought a Houge pink rubber grip. The grip we need would be rubber and actually cover the metal strip along the back....It came with a black rubber grip too but it is super short. I haven seen any thing that would be longer or fatter to distribute the recoil for her. Thanks for any help.

KZ
Old February 8, 2011, 05:41 AM   #4
BamaBowtie

I have a longer factory rubber grip for the small frame Taurus if you're interested. This should be the same size grip as your 617. If you want it you can have it for the cost of shipping. I don't think it has a screw with it, but the screw from her original grips should work. PM me your address if you want it.