The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 23, 2005, 03:37 AM   #51
SomeKid

GoW

Well, here soon I will have my experience, I had my order placed before you posted. Hopefully, my experience will be better.

I have heard that supposedly fixed the bulb-drop issue. Here is to hope, because you are right, they ARE expensive.
Old September 23, 2005, 06:07 AM   #52
GodofWar

Good luck Somekid....
Evader1:The streamlight stinger is pretty bright for what it is..granted its old and has been around 10 yrs,spec wise surefire's compatible light has higher lumens and candlepower,but side by side I honestly couldnt tell the diffrence..
I must add that im talking about personal lights/duty lights that get alot of use..and that I prefer Streamlight for that particular use...
As for a tactical light/weapon light,where you arent using it alot ,and you would like the blinding white light..i would have to say Surefire is better..even though I still dont think they are that durable..
Old September 23, 2005, 06:51 AM   #53
SomeKid

My actually light is currently scheduled for delivery this Monday. We shall find out soon.
Old September 23, 2005, 10:54 AM   #54
Evader1

GoW I know what you mean about using the light. I wouldn't use that for anything I need extended light for. It's far to powerful and bright. In the field I usually go with a smaller Mag-Lite or something like that. But for emergencies and what not I keep my Surefire. The little sucker does get hot though