The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 19, 2002, 08:44 PM   #1
Bust Off

Check out my new MAC10 Side Cocker

This has got to be the best thing that has ever happened to the MAC series of weapons. Brand new side cocking with an FN-FAL style charging knob that does not cycle with the bolt. Man - you can get the classic hollywood movie style grip on your MAC. Makes rapid bump firing easy and safe since you can get your hand wrapped up behind the cock knob and around the receiver. The other major benefit is you can now get it with a scope mount since theres no cock knob on top. Master Piece Arms is making the MACS now - brand new - post ban in pistol and carbine configurations. Affordable as hell - you can buy their M11/9 (MPA30) $275, and M10 45acp (MPA10) $375. Their making these side cocking upper receivers to retro on to all the MACS including subguns, in post and pre-ban configuration -thread or no thread. You have to get this stuff from their distributors namely www.RPBUSA.COM and or Jeffs Shooters Supply. The upper receiver is a drop in conversion with your bolt - a 5 minute deal. Costs about $135. Available with or without scope rail. This is a great cheap way to put a new face on your MAC!!! Makes shooting your MAC a dream!!!
Old March 20, 2002, 09:32 PM   #2
Normalizer

...but wait, that's not all! Order now and get a 3 month supply of Citrusell hand cleaner!
Old March 20, 2002, 09:34 PM   #3
Bust Off

very funny

haha
Old March 21, 2002, 10:41 AM   #4
Schmit
Staff Alumnus

While the side cocker is waaaay kewl (I may look into one for my MAC) I'm a little confused on one point....

MAC?

Scope?

WHY!?

"Notoriety is fleeting,
Anonymity is forever!"
Old March 21, 2002, 02:03 PM   #5
Bust Off

Have to agree with you Schmit.

I don't use, want or need the scope mount - as I shoot from the hip - and just for fun. Now there are some guys out there that shoot the MAC's with optical sights - I guess at paper targets for accuracy. The MACs might me good for 50-60 feet and with a scope I'm not sure what they get out of em. I figure if my rounds are hitting within a 5' circle rapid fire from the hip then I'm happy.
Now the MAC would be more accurate with the carbine barrel, a butt stock and an optical scope mount - I don't think anybody can disagree with that statement.
MPA and RPB are trying to bring the MAC's BACK by offering not only all different configurations of the weapon itself but all kinds of accessories too. I think that is the point.
Old March 21, 2002, 02:13 PM   #6
Schmit
Staff Alumnus

I can see a scope on the carbine... but not on the "handgun".

"Notoriety is fleeting,
Anonymity is forever!"