The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 3, 2013, 09:28 AM   #1
PawPaw

Safariland 6377

I'm thinking about a Safariland 6377 for plain clothes carry. This is the concealment verson of the Model 6360 that I carry on my duty rig.

Before I make the order, has anyone had any particular experience with this holster? I know that it's not a deep concealment rig, but I don't need deep concealment for this particular purpose. What I'm looking for is retention in a plainclothes holster, and I'm not particularly enamored of the SERPA system.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old January 3, 2013, 04:41 PM   #2
BarryLee

I have two 6378 holsters one for my full-size HK USP40 and the other for my GLOCK G26. They come set up as paddle holsters, but also include a belt loop attachment which I switched to. I think switching to the belt loop makes them very similair to the 6377 if not identical.

I really like the holsters and find the ALS very easy to use and as you said I prefer it to the SERPA which I also own. The holsters ride pretty close to the body and conceal about as well as any OWB will. The workmanship seems good and the price seems pretty decent.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman