The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 16, 2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Rembrandt

Ordering $50,000 a week....

Stopped into the local gun store today to see what's on the shelf. Salesman said they are ordering $50,000 a week in ammo and components....unfortunately they're only getting about $9000 of the order delivered each week.....and that's usually gone in a day or two. Customers are scooping up ammo and components off pallets before they even get it on the shelf.
Old April 16, 2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Wildalaska

Thats how you get stuff...hey send me $50,000 of ammo and I will pay you on the spot...hey Benelli, I dont care about the 120 day terms, here is your $20,000 RIGHT NOW...so can I have more Vincis? hey thanks...

WildmoneytalksAlaska TM
Old April 17, 2009, 08:54 AM   #3
ilbob

A local gun dealer told me not too long ago he had $100k worth of guns on BO from his distributors. Has not seen so much as a single gun from any of them in several months.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.
Old April 17, 2009, 09:08 AM   #4
hounddawg

I listened to a local dealer explaining to a customer the other day how they were going to to strart serializing ammo in S Carolina and that he need to keep stocking up as non serialized ammo became available.

That bill which was S. 1259 died when the 117th SC legislative session ended in June 2008. In the South Carolina General Assembly, bills that do not become law by the end of a two-year session are dead. Not one legislator added his or her name to S. 1259 as a co-sponsor. The bill did not receive a subcommittee hearing.

I see a lot of guns moving in and out of the dealers cases here at least. I am sure that some less than scrupulous dealers would like the hoarding and binge buying to go on as long as possible. I am just saying take things with a grain of salt and don't believe everything you hear.