The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 17, 2014, 11:35 PM   #1
KBP

New Zeiss or older Swarovski EL 8,5x42?

I need a little help on deciding between the new Zeiss conquest 8x42 HD binoculars or an older pair of Swarovski EL 8.5x42 binoculars fresh from being reconditioned by the factory. I will use them hunting, wild life observation and Eagle watching. Both are about the same price. Which are the better choice? I really need some advice! I wear eyeglasses and never had binoculars as good as either of these!
Old October 18, 2014, 04:41 PM   #2
KBP

New Zeiss or older Swarovski EL 8,5x42?

Anybody on here ever use a Zeiss or Swarovski binocular?
Old October 19, 2014, 06:42 PM   #3
lefteye

I have two Swarovski binoculars, both are SLC models. They are terrific but cost quite a bit more than the comparable size Zeiss Conquest models. And, of course, the EL series cost even more and should be even higher quality. I have no knowledge about the quality and reliability of factory refurbished Swarovski binos.
Old October 20, 2014, 10:24 AM   #4
DPI7800

Factory refurbished is not an issue from Swarovski, it will perform just as good as it did when it was new out of the box. Also being the Conquest is not Zeiss’s top of the line where the EL is the better of the Swarovski binoculars I would take the EL’s hands down.