The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 7, 2012, 06:40 PM   #1
browninghunter86

Rear Rest for rifle

Anyone have a BC Medalist A2 stock that can point me in the right direction for the style rest that will give best fit for this stock? Everything online said to make sure you get the ones that ears fit the best around the stock and that the stock sits at a good spot in relation to bag,ears but none of my local stores cary any to even try out

Thanks.

Pictures too if you have them of your set up
Old August 7, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Creeper

First, if you have the rough texture finish, sand it down smooth where the bag rides and get some benchrest stock tape. This will ensure that the gun rides smoothly and consistently in the bag.

Look at Edgewood bags. If you have a large caliber rifle, consider their "Gatorbag", filled with zircon sand.

I used to use Bald Eagle bags exclusively, but as they've come and gone a few times with bags and rests, I've switched over to Edgewood. Very well made, solid thick base... and you can get them in pretty colors!

Cheers,
C