The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 15, 2022, 02:23 AM   #1
TruthTellers

SHOT Show 2022 is next week

I've generally been unimpressed with the past few SHOT shows, but this is the first one we've had in two years so I'm thinking we're going to see quite a few new products that have been in development for a while. We've already had the .30 Super dropped on us by Federal and S&W, now Springfield is doing a bullpup rifle, so we may be casually surprised by some things.

That said, I'm not sure what new guns, ammo, or accessories I really want to see that are realistic and not a pipe dream.
Old January 15, 2022, 05:44 PM   #2
Scorch

In the famous last words of "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension",
"So what? Big deal!"

Bunch of salesmen, bouncing boobies, flashing lights, mall ninjas, self-proclaimed heroes and wanna-be tough guys walking around in Las vegas. Sounds like every day in Vegas.
Old January 15, 2022, 05:51 PM   #3
MarkCO

I had some pressure to go from some folks, but declined early on. It is going to be sparse. Most of the companies I have some association with are doing either planned or impromptu product releases on their own. The Vbloggers are getting scooped by the actual manufacturers.

Even the last few years pre-CV, major companies were doing less and less "business" at SHOT. When some small to mid-sized companies wrote or filled orders to cover their sales for a year at SHOT, that no longer was happening. So many have pulled out after realizing what SHOT had become. But, it is still the dominant income center for NSSF, which begs lots of questions.

I have a few video conferences, phone conferences and then some meetings later in the month to cover the things I used to get done at SHOT. I am happy to not have to be there in person.
Old January 16, 2022, 12:23 AM   #4
FrankenMauser

The list is longer than what I have available.
But the short, confirmed non-attendance list is:
Buffalo Bore
Trijicon
Sig
Vortex
Beretta
Burris
Steiner
MFT
Kimber
Safariland
Froglube
Benelli

Some of those are very big players, and will have an impact - especially on future SHOT shows.

Rumored:
CZ / Colt (previously "confirmed", but then they said they'd have a big reveal at SHOT)
Winchester
Freedom Arms
PSA
NAA
Most of the major distributors
And dozens of other boutique firearms and ammunition companies.

I am friends with a marketing/media rep for one of the major reloading companies. The company wants him to go, and they will have a booth with a product reveal that will make many panties tingle. But he wishes they would cancel. He doesn't want to repeat himself 20 times through a mask, to get people to hear what he's saying; nor does he want to have the post-SHOT flu for a month afterward. (Happens every year.)
The product type has already been leaked. Only the final form and some minor details remain to be announced. "Just social media the release."
Old January 16, 2022, 01:44 AM   #5
Aguila Blanca
Staff

I'm registered to attend, but I'm not going. To get there I would have to fly, and between my age and my COVID risk factors, it would be monumentally dumb for me to either get on an airplane, or spend three to four days wandering around in a crown of thousands os strangers.

I'll avail myself of the NSSF's digital press kits, thank you very much.
Jeepaholic
Old January 16, 2022, 04:10 PM   #6
FrankenMauser

CZ/Colt officially out
Springfield, too. (I forgot about them.)
Old January 30, 2022, 07:23 AM   #7
BCR1

Except for LE/Military buyers, the price of admission is outrageous. Add the commie crud factor to the mix and I see why vendors won't be there.

Bill
Old January 30, 2022, 12:29 PM   #8
Mike Irwin
Staff

Nothing says Communism in action like charging heft admissions fees...

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.