The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old April 12, 2005, 08:01 PM   #1
shrpshn

Doesn't get much better than this......

........Received my first copy of SWAT today: AND, the June issue of Soldier of Fortune. It is going to take me a while to catch up on my readin'.

John
shrpshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2005, 03:24 PM   #2
USP45usp

shrpshn,

You aren't ever going to catch up . Once you read SWAT the first time, put it down and then go back a couple of days later, you will find something that you missed on the first go around and it's one of the only mags that I've read more then once (all the others were read once and then put into "storage" or left at the Doc's office ). Also one of the only ones that I've skipped the articles that I didn't think I was interested in but then went back and found that they were/are of interest (and not to mention the learning value).

Wayne
USP45usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2005, 07:50 PM   #3
shrpshn

Wayne - Its' starting to get scary in here..........I gotta' read all them knife mags I receive also.

John
shrpshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2005, 06:31 PM   #4
spacemanspiff

i was happy to read the article about the Surefire M73's just two weeks after i bought a set of them! good to know i am making good decisions. also was helped out by the article a few months ago about the trijicon tri-power optic.

what else will SWAT assist me in purchasing, in my quest to increase my Ninja-tude?
Old April 25, 2005, 05:14 PM   #5
Balog

You know spiff, I prefer "ninjosity."

On a related note, the article on Hiton Yam's 10-8 1911's decided me on what I'm gonna buy myself as a reward for getting back from Iraq.
Balog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2005, 06:25 PM   #6
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Glad you guys found something of interest. We try hard to ensure that there's something (or several things) for everyone in each issue.

Spiff,
The M73 rails are great. In fact, they may be the only parts I can salvage off of some of my ARs after the fire. The attached photo doesn't do it justice, but keep in mind it had an EOTech on the top and a SureFire M900 series mounted at the 12 o'clock. The pistol below the carbine is the "new" Kimber Warrior.
Denny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010032 copy_1.jpg (44.8 KB, 112 views)
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2005, 03:27 PM   #7
1BadF350

Denny...please pass the tissues... That made me sick to my gut. I'm sorry for your loss my friend.