The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 8, 2020, 09:56 AM   #1
Road_Clam

Beretta Nano High Noon leather holster review

Typically in the past i've carried my Nano appendix IWB with a N82 Pro holster and up until my recent RH hip replacement this setup was very comfortable for the most part. Super comfortable until you needed to sit for longer periods of time then even with the padding I still got pressure on my lower groin. The hip surgery location on my front thigh is very sensitive to rubbing and will be for the next few years, so the appendix IWB is quite irritating at this point My other issue is i'm a very thin build (5'11" and 160 lbs ). So complete outer concealment is a challenge with me. After having some great conversations with my shooting buddy who's been OWB carrying for decades (and he also has a thin build, but not as thin as me) he persuaded me to consider OWB. My buddy carries a Springfield EMP 4" 1911 in 9mm and he uses the High Noon leather "Skin Guard" holster. Although his carry setup is too bulky for my thin build it felt very comfortable on my waist. So I went ahead and ordered the same holster for my Nano. I knew nothing about leather holsters and after watching many vids and doing research I followed the plastic bag "blocking" method. The High Noon holsters come as "not molded" so you basically need to perform a total form fitting break-in. Took me about a week of daily massaging and adjusting the tension screw and day after day the holster started taking form and fitting nicely. Initially feels much better than appendix IWB and while this setup will work excellent for me in the colder months where I can wear sweatshirt / jacket for concealment. This won't work for me under a summer shirt. Simple leaves too much of a print. But I carry a Kimber micro 380 pocket carry during the hot summer so I got that covered. So the only High Noon holster further break-in that i'm working on is the holster belt loop ears. The are very stiff and need to bend more per my skinny hips. So High Noon frequently offers a 20% discount special, and after all was said and done I got the holster for $54 , great deal for the quality you get. The High Noon holsters are nothing fancy, just seems to be excellent no frills functional quality. I definitely feel overall very secure in all aspects with this setup. Definately throwing out a deserved plug for High Noon.

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/lea...ers/skin-guard