The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 24, 2020, 01:04 PM   #151
sigarms228

Lots of good and detailed reviews including ammo used by owners of the Glock 44 at this website. I have been reading on various forums overwhelming positive experiences by owners of the Glock 44 and more than a few mentioned that the Glock 44 ran better after a clean and lube when new. At this point I would not hesitate to purchase a Glock 44 and am waiting to try one out once the wife feels comfortable with me to stop "self isolating" here in Illinois LOL. Luckily I have a fine stash of .22 LR ammo including Federal bulk 525 36 gr, CCI Mini Mag 40 gr, CCI SV 40 gr, and Aguila Super Extra plated 40 gr to keep me going for quite a while. For now I am doing fine with my Browning Buckmark and M&P 22 Compact but anxious to try the Glock 44 for myself and my wife. Nothing else interests me as far as another 22 LR pistol and many favorable comments by those of the Glock 44 by Glock 19 owners has me really curious.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....reports/page11

Last edited by sigarms228; March 24, 2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old March 25, 2020, 12:29 PM   #152
Blue Duck

I shot my Glock 44 some more over the weekend and still no jams or any other issues, so far. I was shooting the Federal bulk .22's from the big box stores.

I have decided to take a couple of weeks off due to the Corvid-19, as I already dodged a couple of bullets at work, and decided to cut and run as I had some vacation anyway.

So, today, on the farm, I decided to talk a walk, and shoved the Glock 44 in my back pocket, with extra mag and some loose rounds in the other pocket, just in case.

I shot it a little bit more, at a tin can since no other target would avail itself. And accuracy is fairly decent, all shooting being off hand. Never a bobble, no malfunctions of any kind. The biggest challenge to precision shooting with this gun is of course the trigger, compared to a heavier target type gun, but we are not comparing it to a target gun. Besides with practice the Glock trigger can be shot decently enough.

One of the best things I like about the gun is it's very light weight and serves wonderfully when you don't want extra weight pulling your pants down, like when actively walking for exercise.

I ran into a friend yesterday who recently bought the same gun and gave very good reports on it, also. So, IMHO, I think this Glock model is pretty good at doing what is was designed to do. Not to mention, I suppose it would also serve very well, as a cheap practice gun, if you normally carried a Glock center fire for self defense.

I guess I will need to find a very light OWB Kydex holster for mine, to help keep the weight to minimum as that is one of my main reasons for owning this gun.
Old January 12, 2022, 09:31 PM   #153
P2V aircrewman

I bought a G44 last year along with 4 Promag 18 round mags. After about500 rounds at most a couple of malfunctions, no more and probably less than my Ruger MK I and 1911-22 after an equal number of rounds. The Promags, although difficult to load the last 4 or 5 rounds run fine. It is now my favorite 22 pistol.