The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 31, 2020, 08:52 AM   #26
TruthTellers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 22, 2016
Posts: 3,111
Other than the 10mm G40, there's no new Glock that Glock could ever make that I would want to buy. They'll all end up used on gunbroker for a lot less in a few years.

Don't get me wrong, I love Glocks, but I look at what I have (a G35 and a G27, with spare 9mm barrels) and there's nothing else they have outside of that 10mm that I want. The .380 is too big, the .45 is boring, this new .22 is laughably stupid with the 10 round magazine, and no need for any 9mm's.

Glock is staring at the abyss, the LE market is rapidly moving to other pistols, the civilian market has many other options, including used Glocks, and Glock isn't making much of anything that people want.

Honestly, the only time I hear people IRL talk about getting a Glock or expressing interest in a Glock is the 10mm. If Glock was smart they'd come out with a single stack in 10mm, a budget model in 10mm ($400 or less new), maybe a 10mm carbine.

Yeah, the carbine would be 20 years late, especially for a 9mm, but 10mm is different as there aren't a lot of 10mm carbines out there right now. There's the Hi Point, which, sure it works, but you're stuck with 10 rd mags. There is a Kriss that costs over a grand, there's an AR type made by TNW and that looks like a good lightweight survival rifle, but for a heavy duty, dead nuts reliable 10mm carbine that will not cost more than a grand, a Glock would be it.

This will sound silly, but people are really embracing the low recoil of .32 ACP. If Glock made one that's smaller than the 42 and used a locked breech, it would get a lot of attention.
__________________
"We always think there's gonna be more time... then it runs out."
TruthTellers is offline  
Old January 31, 2020, 04:24 PM   #27
Brit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 29, 2005
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 1,750
Every day a new LE Group have moved to Glock! They are not too expensive, they last for thousands of rounds, all they need is night sights, my latest purchase was the 43X the 10 shot small, slim 9mm. That I have just received the aftermarket 15 round magazine for. And I ordered it blue box, with the Ameriglo night sights right from the factory. That shoot to point of aim!
These sights are made for Glock, not by Glock, perfect.

Of course, the holsters I want, for my Son and I, are back-ordered! So I am carrying the G19 again. Still using the Glock factory $15.00 belt slide, perfect.
Smyrna says they are not contemplating making a belt slide for the 43 or 43X!

The only new purchase I would be tempted to buy (which they are not contemplating selling out of Austria) The 46? Is a new design, a twisting ejection barrel/ system, not a tilting one in 9mm. Reducing the felt recoil.
Brit is offline  
Old February 1, 2020, 08:53 AM   #28
USNRet93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 23, 2018
Location: Republic of Boulder, USA
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
Glock is staring at the abyss, the LE market is rapidly moving to other pistols, the civilian market has many other options, including used Glocks, and Glock isn't making much of anything that people want.
Big sigh..LE 'rapidly moving to other pistols' ? My Aunt Matilda's mustache.......
Ah, no

Glock not making much of anything that people want?. Not much for YOU but Glock is fine and dandy...even in this silly gun day and age.
Glock sells everything they make and consistently have high 6 figure back orders.
Quote:
For a company that has been doing business in the United States for only a quarter century — one of its competitors has been in business in America since 1852 — Glock has been remarkably successful. Glock declines to provide specific sales figures, but the company is the leader in handgun sales to American police departments — indeed, a whopping 65 percent of them use Glock guns. On top of that, it has considerable global sales and remains popular with the private citizens who buy most of the guns in the United States.
https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...lice-sidearms/

But yup, I'm a Glock fan boy(I'm sure that's next)..I admit I want a
-reliable
-easy to use
-easy to shoot
-accurate
-not BIG $

TOOL...not a trophy...

If Glock isn't yer cup 'o tea, groovy but 'staring into the abyss'...yeegads.
__________________
PhormerPhantomPhlyer

"Tools not Trophies”

Last edited by USNRet93; February 1, 2020 at 09:00 AM.
USNRet93 is offline  
Old February 1, 2020, 09:20 AM   #29
pete2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 15, 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,149
It's about time for Gen 6..............................No??????
pete2 is offline  
Old February 1, 2020, 07:02 PM   #30
dogtown tom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 23, 2006
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,541
Quote:
TruthTellers ..... this new .22 is laughably stupid with the 10 round magazine,
Explain how Glock is laughingly stupid and S&W, Ruger with the same mag capacity are not?
Sure, tehy could have gone full KelTecified and built a 30 rounder that rarely works out of the box, but instead chose a ten rounder because they'll be able to sell them in nearly ever state.....states where there are mag limits.
Laughably stupid is not understanding the firearms market.

Quote:
Glock is staring at the abyss, the LE market is rapidly moving to other pistols, the civilian market has many other options, including used Glocks, and Glock isn't making much of anything that people want.
I can't say I've ever read a dumber statement than this. My Secret Service buddies are giddy over their new Glocks. But wait, LE is moving away? Better notify the FBI, ATF, Secret Service and all those other federal agencies getting their new Glocks. Lets ignore the state and local LE that mimic what the FBI carries.
Alex: Once the predominate caliber among U.S. law enforcement, now its sales are falling faster than speeding bullet.
Ken Jennings: What was the .40s&w?

Quote:
Honestly, the only time I hear people IRL talk about getting a Glock or expressing interest in a Glock is the 10mm.
Honestly, you need to get out more. I transfer/sell two hundred 9mm Glocks for every 10mm of any brand. I'll eventually get one, but the 10mm is about as popular as the .357sig.

Quote:
If Glock was smart they'd come out with a single stack in 10mm, a budget model in 10mm ($400 or less new), maybe a 10mm carbine.
Yeah, smart like the kid who repeated kindergarten.
Your understanding of the 10mm market is skewed. Tell us more about the vast selection of 10mm pistols that sell for $400 or less.
If Glock was smart?


Quote:
Yeah, the carbine would be 20 years late, especially for a 9mm, but 10mm is different as there aren't a lot of 10mm carbines out there right now. There's the Hi Point, which, sure it works, but you're stuck with 10 rd mags. There is a Kriss that costs over a grand, there's an AR type made by TNW and that looks like a good lightweight survival rifle, but for a heavy duty, dead nuts reliable 10mm carbine that will not cost more than a grand, a Glock would be it.
There aren't a lot of 10mm carbines because no one wants a pistol caliber carbine that costs more than .300blackout to shoot. Take a deep breath and think why 9mm carbines are so popular. Hint....it's not because of the awesome ballistics.

Quote:
This will sound silly, but people are really embracing the low recoil of .32 ACP. If Glock made one that's smaller than the 42 and used a locked breech, it would get a lot of attention.
Yeah, it sounds silly. Why not go full on and chamber it in .25naa?
__________________
Need a FFL in Dallas/Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney ? Just EMAIL me. $20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military,police,fire or schoolteachers)

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
dogtown tom is offline  
Old February 1, 2020, 07:04 PM   #31
dogtown tom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 23, 2006
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,541
Quote:
pete2 It's about time for Gen 6..............................No??????
I have it on good authority the Gen6 Glocks will have two lanyard holes and integral bayonet.
__________________
Need a FFL in Dallas/Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney ? Just EMAIL me. $20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military,police,fire or schoolteachers)

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
dogtown tom is offline  
Old February 1, 2020, 10:46 PM   #32
TruthTellers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 22, 2016
Posts: 3,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
Explain how Glock is laughingly stupid and S&W, Ruger with the same mag capacity are not?
Sure, tehy could have gone full KelTecified and built a 30 rounder that rarely works out of the box, but instead chose a ten rounder because they'll be able to sell them in nearly ever state.....states where there are mag limits.
Laughably stupid is not understanding the firearms market.
I got 30 mins to kill, so sure.

I didn't say that it needed to hold 30 rounds like the Kel Tec CP33 does, but it's stupid when you consider Ruger has the LCP that holds 10 rounds, the Phoenix that holds 10 rounds and they're a lot smaller. I get that Glock wanted to sell these in ban states, but Glock makes 10 rd mags for use in the G19 that normally holds 15 rounds. Why couldn't they do the same for the 44? They got the money, they just don't give a crap cuz the Glock fanboys will but it up like a .22 never existed before.

Quote:
I can't say I've ever read a dumber statement than this. My Secret Service buddies are giddy over their new Glocks. But wait, LE is moving away? Better notify the FBI, ATF, Secret Service and all those other federal agencies getting their new Glocks. Lets ignore the state and local LE that mimic what the FBI carries.
Alex: Once the predominate caliber among U.S. law enforcement, now its sales are falling faster than speeding bullet.
Ken Jennings: What was the .40s&w?
I don't care what your SS buddies think, nor the Feds, I look at what local and state police are doing and they're dumping Glocks. I can't say I agree, I think Glocks are fine, but they don't have the cash cow they once did.

Quote:
Honestly, you need to get out more. I transfer/sell two hundred 9mm Glocks for every 10mm of any brand. I'll eventually get one, but the 10mm is about as popular as the .357sig.
Wow, 9mm is very popular, damn that is some breaking news. I can only tell you what I hear and I can't say people I meet at the range or in a store like 9mm Glocks, they like other 9mm pistols, but when they talk about Glock, it's the 10mm that they want or speak highly of.

Quote:
Yeah, smart like the kid who repeated kindergarten.
Your understanding of the 10mm market is skewed. Tell us more about the vast selection of 10mm pistols that sell for $400 or less.
If Glock was smart?



There aren't a lot of 10mm carbines because no one wants a pistol caliber carbine that costs more than .300blackout to shoot. Take a deep breath and think why 9mm carbines are so popular. Hint....it's not because of the awesome ballistics.
You act as tho the 10mm market is as dead as .40 and that's not true. There are no 10mm's under $400 brand new, but used ones sure are. That shows there's a demand for a cheaper 10mm and if someone brought a new 10mm to market for under $400, they'd sell. How can you sit there and tell me it wouldn't? You're not the guy buying the gun to own, you're a little dealer who is out of touch.

And 10mm ammo doesn't cost as much a .300 does.


Quote:
Yeah, it sounds silly. Why not go full on and chamber it in .25naa?
Again, out of touch.
__________________
"We always think there's gonna be more time... then it runs out."
TruthTellers is offline  
Old February 2, 2020, 07:57 AM   #33
USNRet93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 23, 2018
Location: Republic of Boulder, USA
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
I look at what local and state police are doing and they're dumping Glocks.
Ahh, no..USN Seals just said no to the very problem plagued M17 and chose G19..they CHOSE Glock, must be something wrong.

https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...lice-sidearms/

Ya know, you say you 'like' Glocks and then bash them..if you don't like 'em, don't buy one, don't use one but 'staring into the abyss'''nope.
__________________
PhormerPhantomPhlyer

"Tools not Trophies”
USNRet93 is offline  
Old February 2, 2020, 10:18 AM   #34
Siggy-06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: September 2, 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 933
Still waiting for a Gen5 30...
__________________
Flicks just like a lighter, just a different kind of fire.
Siggy-06 is offline  
Old February 2, 2020, 02:35 PM   #35
dogtown tom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: January 23, 2006
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,541
Quote:
TruthTellers
I didn't say that it needed to hold 30 rounds like the Kel Tec CP33 does, but it's stupid when you consider Ruger has the LCP that holds 10 rounds, the Phoenix that holds 10 rounds and they're a lot smaller. I get that Glock wanted to sell these in ban states, but Glock makes 10 rd mags for use in the G19 that normally holds 15 rounds. Why couldn't they do the same for the 44?
What makes you think they won't?
Same with a threaded barrel. Some states don't permit threaded barrels, so it makes PERFECT sense to manufacture your first production run as a model that can be sold in as many states as possible.

Quote:
They got the money, they just don't give a crap cuz the Glock fanboys will but it up like a .22 never existed before.
What "they got the money" has to do with anything, only you know. And if Glock didn't give a crap then explain why they gave enough to build t on the first place.
You logic is odd to say the least.



Quote:
I don't care what your SS buddies think, nor the Feds, I look at what local and state police are doing and they're dumping Glocks. I can't say I agree, I think Glocks are fine, but they don't have the cash cow they once did.
So you choose to ignore the massive DHS/DOJ contracts and have us believe state and local police are "dumping Glocks". Details please, and while you are at it provide a list of LE market share among Glock, S&W, HK, Beretta, Sig, etc.
I think you'll find that Glock remains the overwhelming choice among state and local LE. But hey, you claimed state and local police are dumping Glock....now back it up.


Quote:
Wow, 9mm is very popular, damn that is some breaking news. I can only tell you what I hear and I can't say people I meet at the range or in a store like 9mm Glocks, they like other 9mm pistols, but when they talk about Glock, it's the 10mm that they want or speak highly of.
Like I said, you need to get out more. And please tell us where this magical place is where people don't like Glock 9mm pistols.


Quote:
You act as tho the 10mm market is as dead as .40 and that's not true.
Well, lets play.
First tell us how many 10mm pistol models there are compared to just one of these common calibers: .380/9mm/.40/.45
Second, tell us about the variety and price of ammunition for 10mm vs any one of those calibers.

I;m not saying the 10mm isn't a great round or that is dead by any stretch.....but you would be laughed out of any gunstore with your knowledge of how popular it is.


Quote:
There are no 10mm's under $400 brand new, but used ones sure are.
We ain't taking used guns, you brought up the idea of NEW 10mm Glocks at the $400 price point.


Quote:
That shows there's a demand for a cheaper 10mm and if someone brought a new 10mm to market for under $400, they'd sell.
I'm sure they would, but you kinda have to understand that Glock and others know 10mm is waaaaayy down...............................here in popularity (ie SALES) compared to 9mm/.40/.45. They have no incentive to sell a 10mm at $400 when they sell all the 9/40/45 they want at $500 and up. Racing to the bottom doesn't mean more $$$.



Quote:
How can you sit there and tell me it wouldn't? You're not the guy buying the gun to own, you're a little dealer who is out of touch.
Out of touch?
Um, yeah. I do over 2000 Title I transfers and 150-200 NFA transfers a year......meaning I see more gun people on Monday night than you do all week. And I'm not pushing my inventory on them, but transferring what they chose off GunBroker or from an internet retailer. My experience is with actual BUYERS, not shooting buddies, not some guy at the range pontificating about "What Brand X really needs is a ___". In other words your frame of reference is pathetically small.



Quote:
And 10mm ammo doesn't cost as much a .300 does.
I didn't write that...I wrote: "There aren't a lot of 10mm carbines because no one wants a pistol caliber carbine that costs more than .300blackout to shoot." I was esponding to your comment about "There is a Kriss that costs over a grand"........and the 10mm Kriss is not nearly as good a seller as their other calibers.
__________________
Need a FFL in Dallas/Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney ? Just EMAIL me. $20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military,police,fire or schoolteachers)

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
dogtown tom is offline  
Old February 3, 2020, 07:52 AM   #36
USNRet93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: October 23, 2018
Location: Republic of Boulder, USA
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersburg View Post
My two favorite Glocks are the Glock 45 and the Gen 5 Glock 34. Now that the Glock 34 no longer has a cut out on the slike, I think it is a fantastic SD/combat weapon. The Glock 45 feels great in the hand, the combination of a 17 frame/grip size and a 19 slide is fantastic.
Whatareya? Nutz? Glock is staring at the abyss, will be outta biz in a week or two and your Glock 45 will be worthless..->

Son has a Glock 45, other has a Glock17/5, I have a Glock17/4 and besides 100% reliability(100%..in probably 7-8 THOUSAND total rounds of everything from cheap Russian ammo to big bux 'boutique' ammo)...accurate, fun to shoot, not expensive..but they are 'Glocks'..so ya know tellers of truth and all...
__________________
PhormerPhantomPhlyer

"Tools not Trophies”
USNRet93 is offline  
Old February 3, 2020, 05:58 PM   #37
chrisintexas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: September 11, 2012
Posts: 379
Someone mentioned 10mm glocks. I would like glock to make/supply barrel, and rsa that is suitable for shooting hard cast lead bullets.
And for glocks in general, make available option for manual safety on all models kinda like smith and wesson does.
chrisintexas is offline  
Old February 3, 2020, 08:48 PM   #38
Spats McGee
Staff
 
Join Date: July 28, 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,209
That's enough of that. This one has strayed from the original topic, and sunk into bickering. Y'all go to your corners for a bit, but please do not come out swinging.
__________________
I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer. If you need some honest-to-goodness legal advice, go buy some.
Spats McGee is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2018 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent: thefiringline.com
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.09252 seconds with 9 queries