The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 16, 2023, 11:44 AM   #26
Recycled bullet

Can you put a picture of the sights?
Old April 16, 2023, 02:09 PM   #27
Metal god

Sure , as you can see the rear sight was starting to be noticeably off center so I moved the front sight left a bit instead of moving the rear more . Neither is off that much by them selves but if I had only drifted the rear it would have been way right with the edge hanging off the side of the slide . You can see it now just starting to break from the radius of the top of the slide on the right side .

Also keeping in mind I was still shooting this far left with that adjustment . If I would have put the front sight back to center and drifted the rear to pull the shots all the way back to center . That rear sight would have been WAY over right .

I knew that would have had to be wrong and that it must be me which changing my grip seemed to prove . with this last group with the same sight placement ( on gun ) as the group above .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; April 16, 2023 at 02:19 PM.
Old April 16, 2023, 09:07 PM   #28
Recycled bullet

I like to do is draw a circle on a nine inch white paper plate. I make a circle around a quarter with a sharpie marker.

Set it at ten yards then shoot at it with either hand. See if you have wandering zero.
Old April 16, 2023, 09:12 PM   #29
Metal god

Yeah I shot with my left hand the other day . What I found out is I can’t shoot very well with my left hand . Not good/consistent enough to tell me anything:-(

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .