The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 9, 2000, 08:44 PM   #26
dragontooth73

Hey I thought this thread was dead ... lol

There's a continuation to my story though. Another thread. About to post latest developments ...

Wait ... on second thought no ... I shouldn't mention names even if I do get ... moderators please close the other thread per request. Mahalo'z

[This message has been edited by dragontooth73 (edited November 09, 2000).]
Old November 10, 2000, 02:26 PM   #27
Bogie

Dunno if this is actually warranted, but don't let the low folks of this world get you down... There's plenty of nice folks out there.

And, worse comes to worse, if the SOB hits you, make sure that you have witnesses, so that when you get up off the floor (you _WILL_ be on the floor - make it look darn spectacular), and dial 911, the SOB will go directly to jail. Just don't hit the sucker back, or make any move at all that is threatening toward him. That's going to be the hard part.

The hard part about self defense isn't whether or not you can hit the target. That's usually fairly easy. It's the "shoot/don't shoot" time that's a real nut cutter... Does one go "full blown paranoid" (some folks call it condition _fill in the blank_) when confronted with an "almost" threat while walking down the street, or does one just keep moving?

BTW, dude, 17 motorcycle wrecks? Could I suggest a different means of conveyance? (grin)

[This message has been edited by Bogie (edited November 10, 2000).]
Old November 10, 2000, 02:45 PM   #28
dragontooth73

I walked away from every one =) I used to race in Tokyo so it wouldn't have been messed up as, say, if I'd done it in LA. Smaller bikes rule in narrow streets. 250s, 400s are the weapon of choice.

I personally went with a 50. Reasons: light, cheap. Not the best thing for serious straight-run drag races, but in daytime traffic? Unbeatable for weaving in and out.

Oh and as for the work thing, I had my resignation "granted" after a manager made a borderline racist crack on wednesday. Funny as hell, now I have to walk in there today and in 2 weeks to collect my overdue paychecks. Buggahs all of them. But now I've got free license to beat the @#$% out of all the rats and I'm going to watch them run
Old November 10, 2000, 03:17 PM   #29
Bogie

Sheesh. Methinks you gave up too easy... Go by the nice store, and gitcherself one of those little tape records. Get the tape kind rather than the digital kind. Have it in a shirt pocket when you go to work, and know which button to press to have it turn on. If you don't have any shirts with button flaps, go get one. I recommend the ones that Browning makes (wearing one now).

Sue their asses.

"I hate Illinois Nazis." - Jake Blues