The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 24, 2015, 11:34 AM   #51
William T. Watts

This hobby is about you, be safe and smart!

To many people want to run before they crawl, for those who know "nothing" about loading ammunition the ABC'S of reloading is the perfect manual to start with. This book will help you develop a reloading vocabulary to understand what you are reading along with identifying the various components we handle and load. My first book "which I still have" is a Lyman 44th edition 1967 with a reference section that helped me develop the vocabulary and understanding of what this new hobby demanded of me to keep me safe. To many want to short cut the learning process, there is a learning curve and it's best to go slow when learning a new hobby when a mistake could damage a firearm or injure yourself or others. Non the less this will be a long learning process for most people and shooting the ammunition you have developed and tailored for your personal firearms is very rewarding. It helps if your mechanical inclined, if you are usually these people are skilled in other areas too, I.E I'm a retired master mechanic, I'm living in the third home I've contracted and built, I'm a advanced class Amateur radio operator plus a schooled trained Gunsmith Trinidad State Jr. College.. I'm not an expert but can adapt to new ideas and hobbies if I want too.. There is a long learning curve, don't try to sprint before you can walk properly! William
Old November 24, 2015, 03:06 PM   #52
Tony Z

Well put William!