The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 8, 1999, 09:56 PM   #1
Jon Carter

Hi everyone. Let me say first off that I really appreciate the helpful attitude of every one on "The Firing Line" and "Shotguns". On to the question:
I just received a Pachmayr SC100 with the intent of putting on my Synth. Stock Mossburg
500A. I does not fit very well..
I have the right size but the top end of the pad over hangs by about a 1/2 inch. I one supposed to grind that much off? Also, it is about 1/4 inch short on the bottom end. Any help appreciated.
Old March 8, 1999, 10:35 PM   #2
Daniel Watters

You might consider picking up a Pachmayr Synthetic Stock Adapter. It has threaded inserts that match up to the screw holes in the pad, so you aren't limited to the screw hole locations on the factory stock.

It is $5.50 from Brownells, and comes in two sizes based on screw spacing of the pad: 2.87" for Small and 3.12" for Large.

#692-921-287 (Small)
#692-921-312 (Large)

http://www.brownells.com/
Old March 8, 1999, 11:32 PM   #3
Jon Carter

Thanks for the information. I just went to Brownell's and ordered one. Man, I love the Net! :^)