The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 16, 2013, 02:45 PM   #1
tynman

Can anyone tell me why it is so hard to find a Sig Sauer?

I am looking for a Sig Sauer Super Match 220BR5-45-TAS-SUP 2 tone with the wood grips why its so hard to find? No one has it in stock. My local gun shops dont have it nor can I find anyone on line that has it. Can anyone tell me why?
Old January 16, 2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Dragline45

Where have you been the past month or two? Try turning on the news.
Old January 16, 2013, 02:54 PM   #3
tynman

I know all about that. But you can find plenty of sigs on line or in stores thats not the problem or the question. Its the p220 super match that is no where too be found.
Old January 16, 2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Theohazard

Sig makes a lot of different special variants of their classic DA/SA handguns. Because there are so many different special variants, they can only make a relatively small number of each variant. So under normal conditions, a specific variant can be difficult to find. Now, with the record-setting nationwide run on guns, they're much harder to find than they were before.
Old January 16, 2013, 03:04 PM   #5
tynman

Well thank you for that. I really think that gun is beautiful and I want one. But I am in no hurry to buy it or to jump on this over priced gun rush... But I do want one and I just hope they dont stop making them. Cause that is just my luck I want it, it becomes discontinued.
Again thank you for your reply theohazard.
Old January 16, 2013, 03:34 PM   #6
BarryLee

SIG has a retail store located at the SIG SAUER Academy in Epping, NH. you might give them a call and see if they have it or could get it for you. I guess it might be a pretty good drive from Jersey, but could be a nice weekend if they have your gun.

Pro Shop: (603) 418-8100

Pro Shop Sales: [email protected]

Wait - just realized you probably can't transport the gun. Oh well call them anyway and see what they say.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old January 16, 2013, 03:45 PM   #7
tynman

Barry I will give them a call. Hopfully they have one and they are not to much over priced and they could ship it to a FFL dealer near me. But the ride did sound nice for a weekend trip with the family...
Thanks
Old January 16, 2013, 03:58 PM   #8
Technosavant

I think Theohazard is right- you have a very specific desire and it is something that is likely only made in small batch numbers. In this environment, most everything is flying off the shelves.

You may have to special order it... have a local shop order one in. You may even have to wait for Sig to make a batch or for a distributor to get one in. Calling Sig's own shop may also be worthwhile- you'll probably pay more for the gun and then have to pay shipping/transfer, but if you really want that particular model, that may be the only route.
Old January 16, 2013, 05:51 PM   #9
Alabama Shooter

My LGS has three in the case. All priced at pre-crazy prices. I really liked the 2022 with the laser/light and holster combo. I almost walked out with it.
Old January 16, 2013, 07:30 PM   #10
tynman

Yeah I have a call in and email in to Sigs Pro shop. Im just waiting to hear back from them. I also have a local guy that is waiting for the vagas show to be over and everyone back to there normal places and he is going to find out what the story is with that gun. My normal LGS guy is in vagas for the show so I cant even get an idea on a price from him and how long it will take forr him to get itt for me or even if he has one sitting at his store....lol So Ill just have to wait for a week or 2 and hold off on the paper work until I know how long it will take for them to get one in cause if its over 3 months then I need to hold off on the permit paper work..
Old January 16, 2013, 07:37 PM   #11
factoryrat

I think there has been one listed on the classifieds over on Sigforum for a few weeks. I'm not sure, and I am too lazy to go look for you , but I think so..
Old January 16, 2013, 08:13 PM   #12
lamarw

Call Sig Customer Service, order your pistol and have it shipped to your local Sig Store.

Problem solved.

Let us know how you like your new pistol.
Old January 16, 2013, 08:46 PM   #13
tynman

Yes will try that tomorrow but Im going to guess that wont work until everyone is back from the vagas sure shot convention.
And I sure will let you know how I like the new pistol.
Old January 16, 2013, 09:39 PM   #14
lamarw

I kind of doubt they all got a trip. Let us know if you get a voice mail. LOL
Old January 16, 2013, 10:07 PM   #15
tynman

OK I will...LOL But most of my LGS around me said they couldnt call siig to get a hold of anyone because of vagas. They all told me to call back next weeks so they could get me a price...
But I will let you all know what happens...
Old January 17, 2013, 09:02 AM   #16
tynman

Well like I said they are all at the sure shot convention....LOL The voice mail even says thats where they are.... I guess we all are missing a good convention!!!!! LOL
Old January 17, 2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Technosavant

Hey, if you could go to Vegas on your employer's dime so you can look at guns all day, I'm sure you'd be there too. I know I sure would.
Old January 17, 2013, 11:41 AM   #18
kahrguy

To to contact this guy for the sig you wnat. His main line is sig.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sillma...33169903407218
Old January 17, 2013, 11:44 AM   #19
RC20

Quote:
I know all about that. But you can find plenty of sigs on line or in stores thats not the problem or the question. Its the p220 super match that is no where too be found.
The blatant title you put on the post was you could not find any Sigs.

Bad use of the tittle
Old January 17, 2013, 02:58 PM   #20
tynman

Tech I guess your right... I would go also...
Old January 17, 2013, 02:59 PM   #21
tynman

RC20 the title reads can anyone tell why it is so hard to find a sig sauer. And then the first post goes into which one I am having a hard time to find.
Old January 17, 2013, 03:40 PM   #22
tynman

kahrguy I just called them and they have a p220 but not a super match... Thanks for trying.
Old January 24, 2013, 09:32 PM   #23
tynman

Well I just called my LGS that I started dealing with and he ordered the sig P220 super match for me yesterday. He was told by them that he sould have it sometime in Feb. Let see how long Ill have to wait.... And he quoted me a great price too.
Old January 24, 2013, 09:35 PM   #24
ScottRiqui

I don't know if availability is the same for all models, but a buddy of mine walked into our LGS last week and walked out with a 250C. The label on the box says it was manufactured in 2009, so it had probably been on a shelf for a while, too.
Old January 24, 2013, 09:39 PM   #25
tynman

Yes diffrent models have diffrent availablty. For the last 3 weeks I have been trying to fine one or even get a quote for a price on one and due to everyone being or getting ready for the sure shot show in vagas no one new anything...