The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 4, 2021, 09:43 AM   #1
HighValleyRanch

Adjustable rear sight for the Kahr pistols

There used to be a company way back when called MMC that produced an adjustable rear sight for the Kahr pistols. But they became defunct. Recently browsing I came across their new website and it appears that they intend to bring back the adjustable sight for the Kahr pistols and others.
I emailed them inquiring if they were intending to bring back that old version of the adjustable Kahr sight and I received a reply:

"Thank you for the interest in MMC products. Our production has been
concentrated on our new pistol sight design (we'll be calling it the
DEUCE in the near future) which incidentally does include a Kahr model.
First will be the older dovetail (probably available in the next 2-3
weeks - parts are machined, but await several finishing steps), followed
by the same sight for the newer style dovetail. We do not yet offer this
model with tritium dots.
The older MMC design that you asked about, soon to be referred to as the
ACE design, will be back in production in the coming months. It will be
slightly different in that the profile shape will have a higher blunt
nose for one arm/hand slide manipulation and the elevation adjustment
will feature consistent values for each click. The last MMC sight had
variable click increments."

I know there are people out there looking for something like this, so I'd thought I'd pass on the good news.
Please don't turn this thread into whether an adjustable sight is valid for CCW or not.
This might be a great addition to some of the Kahr T series pistols.

Here is a link to their new site. Looks like some interesting alternatives for more ajustable sights for some combat models including glock and an adjustable rear sight that fits into the GI dovetail of a 1911.
https://www.sightsinc.com

Here is what the original sight used to look like from a 2004 article on the Kahr pistol:

FWIW Metrolight makes a similar night sight that is adjustable, but I haven't been able to find an actual photo of one mounted on a Kahr pistol yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p19kkrtv4p3835tc10me1d3v1v408-1.jpg (30.1 KB, 257 views)

Last edited by HighValleyRanch; April 4, 2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old April 4, 2021, 11:19 AM   #2
Dan-O

Options are good
Old April 4, 2021, 11:32 AM   #3
burrhead

The first 1911 I bought was a new Colt Government in the mid 70s and I put a MMC rear sight on it. Back in the day there weren't a lot of choices and it was a very good product. Low profile and sturdy. I now much prefer fixed sights but hopefully the new company will make a quality copy of the old original design.

Good news.

I'm offended by people that are easily offended.
Old April 4, 2021, 12:01 PM   #4
HighValleyRanch

It is the original owner's son that is trying to revive the old company. Looks like the one for the Kahr has "wings" on either side to protect it.
Old April 4, 2021, 05:06 PM   #5
Shotgun Slim

I remember MMC. Thanks for the post because I have a Kahr that I would love to put one of these sights on. Hopefully it will not require a different height front sight but if it does I still want one.
Old April 4, 2021, 05:21 PM   #6
HighValleyRanch

Dawson make various height front sights for the Kahr pistols. They even offer that if the front sight does not work, they will work with you to replace with the right height sight.
I plan on getting a FO front sight to go with the MMC sight when they come out for my Kahr P45.
Old April 17, 2021, 06:37 AM   #7
PSP

MMC three dot sights came on the T9 I had. They were good sights. Interesting that they are bring back the "old style" first. Not many sights available now using that dovetail size. Good for them.
Old April 17, 2021, 08:29 AM   #8
HighValleyRanch

I just ordered a Dawson FO front sight for my Kahr P45 to go with my current bar dot rear sight.
I measured my current front sight which shoots dead to POA at 10 yards.
It's a new dovetail style with .180 height and .110 width, so I ordered the .100 width FO sight. But later on, maybe the adjustable sight might require another height.
Old April 17, 2021, 10:33 PM   #9
RickB

I had one of their Combat/Carry sights on a 1911, and it is a well-made and cleverly designed product.