The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old October 2, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1
WV_gunner

Any Harrington & Richardson history books?

I'm interested in thier guns and I'm tired of searching the Internet just to find information. They made several very interesting guns.
Old October 2, 2013, 05:18 PM   #2
RJay

There is one waiting to be published, but since the author died ( Bill Goforth ) it is in limbo. You can go to Gun Show Books and put your name on a waiting list.
Old October 2, 2013, 05:53 PM   #3
WV_gunner

Thanks for the information

I have just been doing some research, I'd like to collect them. I only have 2 of their guns so far. But I like the oddball factor they bring. I'd like to collect as many as I can. I'd love to try to get every model I can. I know they are cheap and aren't worth much but I don't want to do it for money. Even gathering just regular models would be nice, especially the fancier models. Plus all of their unusual guns, like the M50 and its variants. You can't forget the huge assortment of handguns. They are a very unusual brand.
Old October 2, 2013, 06:49 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

An even partial H&R revolver collection would be impressive, and not terribly expensive. And don't forget the auto pistols, the .32 and .25 caliber models. And they also made dozens of models of rifles, .22 and CF, and shotguns.

Jim
Old October 2, 2013, 06:53 PM   #5
WV_gunner

I can't begin to guess at the different shotgun and rifle models, I bet there's dozens. And they made several revolvers, I had no idea they invented the top break. I'm surprised their semi auto pistols are only small calipers.
Old October 2, 2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Two Old Dogs

'A Short Illustrated History of the Harrington and Richardson Arms Company (1871-1960)" by Joseph T. Vorsek is a good general history of the company and most of their products. It is available from www.cornellpublications.com.

I also have found the H & R section of "Bluebook of Gun Values", 34th Edition, by S.P. Fjestasd to be most informative concerning the various handgun models H & R produced. No pictures but great word descriptions.
Old October 3, 2013, 12:26 PM   #7
James K
Member In Memoriam

The Blue Book has some 35 pages devoted to H&R. The H&R collector has plenty of scope.

Jim