The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 21, 2001, 03:55 PM   #1
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

Ok, I just got off the phone with Nick, one of the owners. He stated that we can rent a bay (5 lanes) for $60 plus $13 an hour per shooter. That'll provide us with the following:
  • reserved bay for 2 hours
  • free firearms rental (you must buy their discounted ammo if you use a free rental)
  • free usage of the lounge
If we don't rent the bay, we take a pot shot at whatever lanes are open at 1PM on March 4th. In addition, you must pay the rental fee for the handguns.

If you just want to shoot your guns, you can bring your own ammo. If you want to rent the automatics, you have to pay the rental fee plus buy their ammo. If 20 of us go, that would be $3 each to rent a whole bay. I think it's a good idea considering you get free handgun rentals, but I didn't want to commit to anything until I discussed it with all of ya.

In addition, if anybody wants to do some early shooting, I'm going to Classic Pistol on Saturday to talk to Nick directly and put some lead downrange.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Here's the address again:
Classic Pistol Indoor Range
1310 Industrial Blvd.
Southampton, PA 18966
(215) 953-7264
www.classicpistol.com

Yes I know the $13 an hour is more then most of us pay for our private clubs. However, we'll be shooting inside a nice, heated indoor range with peeps from TFL and 1911forum. How often do you get to do that?
Old February 22, 2001, 01:34 PM   #2
K80Geoff

Rent the Bay

Even if we don't get 20 shooters, the cost will be worth it. If some of the other shooters want to bitch, I'll throw in $20 myself for the bay rental. I'm sure at least several others wouldn't mind contributing.

Who'se bringing some neat stuff to shoot? I hope to bring my Gold Cup and Sig 220 with optima sights and my G30 with Lasermax among others.

Geoff Ross
Old February 22, 2001, 04:46 PM   #3
jthuang

Seconded, rent the bay.

Justin
Old February 22, 2001, 10:37 PM   #4
Dead

Now this is getting almost close enough to where I could make it.
Old February 23, 2001, 12:54 PM   #5
ROSANGHAL

Rent the bay

It will be good to put faces to user names.

Ross T.
Old February 24, 2001, 07:22 PM   #6
Jamie Young

I'm just planning on bringing my Colt 1991A1 and my Beretta 92FS I wasn't planning on renting any guns but that all depends on what they have there. RENT THE BAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old February 24, 2001, 10:19 PM   #7
Gunfighter

Let me get this right. For me and the wife it will cost approx $60 for the day (2hrs).
Old February 25, 2001, 11:22 PM   #8
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the shoot. In a week, I will be aboard a plane enroute to the Far East for a much needed vacation. I hope somebody else takes this meet by the horns and get the final details setup.

We'll have to do another one during the summer when we can shoot outdoors.

Sorry for the short notice but the timing was out of my hands
Old February 25, 2001, 11:24 PM   #9
Jamie Young

ArmySon I'll pick it up from here
Everyone who's still interested email me so I get a confirmation. ArmySon can you let anyone else who you've talked to contact me. I know you stated others from other forums were interested?
Old February 25, 2001, 11:30 PM   #10
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

I posted a message in those other forums too but will pass along any emails messages I receive.

Thanks for keeping this alive SodaPop. I'm hoping to make a PA shoot at the very least, a yearly event.

[Edited by ArmySon on 02-26-2001 at 12:02 AM]
Old February 27, 2001, 06:39 PM   #11
Jamie Young

OK KIDDIES we are reserved! Its written in stone for March 4th at 1pm. I'm going to get there around 12pm. This is how its going to work. No more than 3 people can be in one lane at a time, so were going to have to form groups of 3, once we get there. If everyone goes in groups of three, it will cost that group of 3, $31 plus ammo. Make sure you all mark your bags and cases. There will be a room where we can all hang out at outside of the range.
Please spread the word
If anyone doesn't know my name is Jamie Young
Old April 28, 2001, 09:59 AM   #12
Jamie Young

Guys I put a new thread up about a PA shoot next month. ArmySon I hope you can join us this time. Spread the word!!