The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 18, 2008, 04:46 PM   #1
cab56721

Unique D.4 .22lr

Im looking to find the price a Unique D.4 .22lr pistol and am wondering what these are worth. It wasnt in the blue book and cant seem to find much info on it on the internet. Any clues to what it may be worth if i were to sell it?
Old July 18, 2008, 09:10 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I am trying to place that gun, and can't. Can you describe it? Unique made a lot of different models ranging from inexpensive plinkers to top flight target pistols. Quality was always excellent.

Jim
Old July 19, 2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Steven Mace

Jim, this might help.

Steve Mace
Old July 19, 2008, 08:26 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

Thanks, Steve. I knew the D series, but couldn't place the D4. They got a lot of mileage out of that rather simple action. It is basically the same as the Unique .22 I have that was sold by Sears back in the 1950's. I am sure the target versions had improved trigger pulls, but it is the same action. Unique also made the DES series which were really nice match pistols. A friend had one in .32 S&W Long that I fired a bit and it was extremely accurate. They were sold here in both .32 and .22, but the .32 was never able to break into the American center fire match market which the .38 Special had locked up.

I would put the retail value in top condition in the $450 range, but others may have a better idea.

Jim

Tags
.22lr , d.4 , french , price , unique