The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 27, 2009, 06:18 PM   #1
TheNev

Need IWB holster for Walther PPK/s

Hello all,
I am in the process of aquiring my CCW permit (got my approval letter on Saturday) and I am now looking to find a holster.

I plan on carrying IWB, approx 4-5 o'clock position, butt of the gun pointed toward my lower back. I don't know much about holsters, but have done many searches on them, and haven't really come up with much.

I'm 5'11" ~200lbs (if that makes any difference), and would prefer a leather holster. I'm just looking for a starting point on what to get. I dont have anything yet except the gun, so I would base my belt purchase on what holster I decide to go with.

Can anyone help me out?
Old October 27, 2009, 10:22 PM   #2
randyc74

You made a wise choice to secure your CCW permit. Holster and weapon choice is a very personal choice and you may accumulate several holsters before you find one thats right for you. That being said, I do offer three different IWB holsters for the Walther PPKS. Email or PM me with any questions.

Randy
Bulldog Custom Gun Leather
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bulldo...2539637?ref=hl
Old October 29, 2009, 07:03 AM   #3
TheNev

Thanks Randy. I'll take a look at your stuff.

Does no one carry a PPK/s? I figured it was a pretty common CCW piece. What do you use?
Old October 29, 2009, 08:32 AM   #4
nhsmoker

While I don't carry a ppk how about this holster it has adjustable depth and cant http://www.kholster.com/products.htm also it is pretty cheap. I plan on ordering one myself soon for my g19
Old October 29, 2009, 10:12 AM   #5
TheNev

Oh wow, I had no idea Kholster was in the St. Louis area. I've looked at those before, and was impressed. Maybe I'll shoot him an email and ask if I can drop by and see what going down.

Thanks for the link!
Old November 6, 2009, 11:30 AM   #6
TheNev

Hmm, guess I should have put Glock in my title. Maybe that would have gotten more of a response.

Anyway, I wound up with a Kholster. Turns out Jimmy lives just about down the street from me, who knew? The quality is fantastic, its extremely comfortable, and you really can't argue the price.

I would recommend to anyone.
Old November 6, 2009, 11:11 PM   #7
The Meatman

Hows that Kholster after 8 or 9 hours of wear? I got the Smartcarry, but got tired of the weight hanging on my junk, now I pocket carry if I need to. I'd rather have an IWB to wear at the 11 o'clock position. I carry a Taurus SU85 .38spcl. Thoughts or suggestions?
"Are you guys ready? Let's Roll" Todd Beamer, Flight 93.
Old November 7, 2009, 10:51 AM   #8
TheNev

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Meatman
Hows that Kholster after 8 or 9 hours of wear?
I can't say for sure, as I cant carry at work, and I'm still breaking it in. I will say that it's extremely comfortable right now. It may be due to the size of my pistol, but I can hardly tell its there until I bump my elbow into the butt of the gun.
Old July 5, 2010, 08:04 PM   #9
druryj

RM Low Rider IWB is my fave for my PPK/S.
Old July 5, 2010, 11:04 PM   #10
michael t

I have a Don Hume IWB for my PPK/S and then I have a

http://ubgholsters.com for the PPK/S These cost more but are so much better for all day carry.
Old July 6, 2010, 08:56 AM   #11
ClydeFrog

IWB rigs, lower back issues...

Hello
I can see how & why you'd want to conceal a PPK size .380acp but remember that if you fall or are pushed down hard in a critical incident, your concealed pistol may cause a serious injury to your back-spinal cord.
Many corrections/sworn LE/armed security officers avoid carrying a lot of gear or equipment around the spine area to avoid these problems.

As for quality IWB systems, check; www.Bianchi-intl.com www.Blade-tech.com www.highnoonholsters.com www.usgalco.com . A kydex or polymer rig would do well. The Fobus Roto Holster can be adjusted for angle-cant. I'm not sure if they sell a PPK or PPK/S size but they might.
Old July 7, 2010, 11:35 AM   #12
Evyl Robot

Randy,

Since the OP got his holster, I'll drift a little OT. How's business been for you recently?