The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 5, 2017, 12:05 PM   #1
GCbroker

New Mighty Armory De-Priming and Swaging Die

Can I post our new design here in the forum?
I don not want to break any rules.... It does appear that I can, I have read the rules. But want to be sure about it.

Wayne

Wayne

Last edited by GCbroker; May 5, 2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old May 5, 2017, 05:07 PM   #2
GCbroker

Apparently I'm ok so I'll post a pic. Designed for De-priming & Swaging. Not all components shown. No tools requried.. None. Made in the USA.
9mm-308. Long Rifle to follow in another week. 30-06-up

Wayne

Last edited by GCbroker; May 5, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old May 5, 2017, 05:32 PM   #3
dallasb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCbroker View Post
Apparently I'm ok so I'll post a pic. Designed for De-priming & Swaging. Not all components shown. No tools requried.. None. Made in the USA.

9mm-308. Long Rifle to follow in another week. 30-06-up

Looks nice. Would be interested in more information on how it will be used as well as prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 5, 2017, 06:18 PM   #4
IMtheNRA

So, how does it work and what is that block for? You mean primer pocket swaging, and not bullet swaging, right?
Old May 5, 2017, 09:15 PM   #5
Unclenick
Staff

We discourage self-promotion because it too easily becomes unpaid advertising. An occasional post mentioning products made by active members who usually post on other topics may be overlooked or if the purpose clearly is to educate other members. Members whose posts are mostly and consistently about their own products are not meeting that definition of an active member. We have banned people for promotion of both their products and promotion of their monetized videos in the forum space. We do allow mention of products by members who have no monetary interest in them (either from direct sale or from monetized videos) as that is commonly related to questions asked.

The line between presenting useful information and advertising is sometimes hard to draw exactly, but the poster can generally tell if it is advertising if he knows his primary reason for posting is that he is hoping to get sales. We make exceptions for occasional coupons or promotions by members who regularly contribute primarily on other topics. That's because it saves money for board members. In that case it falls under the general purview of the Retail Deals and Feedback forum rules and may be done on this forum for reloading products only when following those same rules.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old May 6, 2017, 11:09 AM   #6
mikld

Hmm. Too bad, I was curious about the new tool (although I have no need for a combo deprime/swage tool). But rules is rules. I wouldn't like this forum to turn into a free advertising media...
Old May 6, 2017, 11:46 AM   #7
GCbroker

If Uncle Nick says I can post additional pics of Die components and exactly what the die is designed for and how it works I will.

Wayne

Wayne
Old May 6, 2017, 02:24 PM   #8
IMtheNRA

For a product rollout, this has been a pretty lame thread.
Old May 6, 2017, 08:05 PM   #9
Rock Hammer

Now that you got everybody's curiosity up we get left hanging.....That's like putting a Ice cold beer in front of someone and telling them they can't drink it........JUST SAYING.............UNCLE NICK.... PLEASE !!!!
Old May 7, 2017, 12:57 AM   #10
bbqncigars

Hmm. The spiffy colors look like nice anodizing=aluminum=probably not strong enough for long term use. I hope I'm wrong. More info is definitely needed.

ETA: The blocks are common pieces used as props in the photo, as is the caliper.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:24 PM   #11
GCbroker

Sorry guys, I don't think I should go any further due to forum rules. I will just say, Not all the components are pictured. Check out my signature.

Wayne
Old May 9, 2017, 10:43 PM   #12
GWS

Checked out your signature.....does look interesting but information is a bit light. A video on your site might be smart, to show how it works.

I assume you buy one for each caliber, but the info on the site and even on the order form doesn't really explain that.

If this was my business I'd send a sample to somebody like our humble moderator UncleNick and ask him to review it........and be willing to hear the pluses and minuses making up the honest truth and have that posted for all to see.

Last edited by GWS; May 9, 2017 at 10:53 PM.