The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 16, 2015, 10:17 AM   #1
fast20

from ky, ohio ccwd questions

Hello all,
i will be traveling to ohio... i am kentucky ccwd licensed.. i have read the requirements for carrying in ohio... i do have a few questions too make sure im within the laws of ohio... i do carry a holstered firearm above my sun visor... is this legal.. also i usually carry an other fire arm in my console which is not locked be can be lock if needed... am i with the law to carry to 2 loaded firearms in this manner... of course adjustments will be made to make things perfectly legal in ohio... i plan on transporting those two firearms and i just want to make sure...
thank you

i have sent emails to ohio state police and ohio attorney general... still waiting on reply... any help is appreciated...
Old June 16, 2015, 12:00 PM   #2
Jay24bal

I am a licensed CCW holder in OH, I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY. THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS ARE BASED ON MY CURRENT UNDERSTANDING OF THE LAW AND ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM, NOTHING.

1. OH does not have restrictions on how a licensed individual can carry in a car.
2. OH does not have restrictions on how many guns a licensed person may have in the possession.
3. OH does have a requirement to inform law enforcement PROMPTLY upon interaction with them (let's say you get pulled over on the drive up).

CLICK HERE for a pamphlet/brochure the OH Attorney General puts out on the laws of CC in OH, it was last updated after a new batch of laws hit in March of 2015.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "
Old June 16, 2015, 04:02 PM   #3
TimSr

My understanding is the same as Jay24bal.

The only other thing I can add that might be different than KY is that you can carry into an establishment that serves alcohol provided you do not consume any. Legal to carry is 0% blood alcohol level.
Old June 16, 2015, 05:55 PM   #4
fast20

Thanks friends... I would always notify leo's whether required or not... also u can carry in resturants that.. serve alcohol ky..but not at the bar area ...