The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 21, 2014, 01:54 PM   #1
Drhc116

Colt 10.5" 9mm upper

So I found a brand new 10.5" colt 9mm upper with the fixed carry handle still in a pristine blue colt box. Inside the box there was a speed loader, colt 1 piece magwell block, factory colt 9mm trigger kit with all the pins and springs, colt 9mm buffer and spring, and 6 colt marked 32 round mags. All of these items appear to 100% new.

My questions are;

Is there anything special about these items? What is the value? Did colt ever make a complete kit like this or are these all factory colt parts that were purchased seperately and placed in the same box?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 21, 2014, 06:02 PM   #2
mboylan

The upper is highly desirable. These are law enforcement or military parts. Most went on M16s. You do need to have an NFA registered SBR AR or no AR at all in order to possess that upper in order to avoid a lengthy prison sentence.
Old May 21, 2014, 06:06 PM   #3
musher

Quote:
You do need to have an NFA registered SBR AR or no AR at all in order to possess that upper in order to avoid a lengthy prison sentence
...or an AR pistol lower.
Old May 22, 2014, 07:14 AM   #4
Drhc116

Thanks for the responses.

Just as an update, I also was able to purchase another used 10.5 A1 upper in 9mm as well as a 7in DOE upper. Also got mag blocks for those 2 and another 24 metalform 32 round mags. 10 of which are actually marked colt. I think I did well on this one. Both the additional uppers are all marked on the rec, barrel, and bcg as genuine colt. The DOE upper appears to be brand new.