The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 8, 2018, 01:45 AM   #1
Race Bannon

Goon's Gunworks

Mike,

This isn't the place for it, but since I lost my temper publicly, I'd like to resolve this publicly. I received my pistol today and it's incredible. I can't believe what you've done with this thing. Turn around time was excessive and I wish that you'd been more up front about that, but your work is very impressive. You're a very talented man and a unique asset to the gun industry. Having seen the quality of your work, if I'd known from the start that it would take a couple of years, I'd probably still send you a gun. In fact, knowing what I know now, I might send you a couple more.

Anyway, no hard feelings and I'll call you tomorrow.
Rob
Old March 8, 2018, 10:40 AM   #2
Jim Watson

Glad it worked out.

I have this fantasy that if gunsmiths worked on contracts with bonus and penalty for early and late delivery, thing would be nicer... for the customer.

But it won't happen. I had a coworker who had worked a while as an independent consultant. He had some interesting stories. He explained that while being your own boss sounded nice, you could not turn down a job. Potential customers might conclude you weren't interested. So you would be chronically overloaded. Which is why he came back to a salaried position at my agency.
Old March 8, 2018, 02:38 PM   #3
Hawg

Goon does excellent work and he does it by himself. I'm sure he is swamped. I know of a lot of people on various forums that have had him work on their guns and have never heard one single complaint til now. Yeah he's backed up. Yeah it's going to take some time for him to get to the latest ones. Is it worth the wait? I can't answer that for you but if you want the slickest, toughest single action you're going to have to wait or pay a heckuva lot more and still probably not get a gun equal to Goons.
Old March 8, 2018, 03:54 PM   #4
JN01

Congrats. Guess I'll be going through DTs for a while yet before I get my Navy back. You need to give us a full shooting report.
Old March 8, 2018, 08:29 PM   #5
45 Dragoon

Rob, thanks so much for our conversation earlier today. I am glad this is resolved and am most glad to end up with a happy customer!! I appreciate you.

Jim, a lot of truth in your post and I'm considering putting a "current turnaround time" sign on the website! Things are getting better!!

Hawg, we've been on several forums for a while now and I appreciate your knowledge and experience with our B.P. "problem". Thanks much for the kind words my friend!!

JNO1, no need for DTs!! Just hang in there with me and I promise you'll be happy!!

Thanks again guys,

Mike
Old March 9, 2018, 01:26 AM   #6
Model12Win

Sent a '51 Navy to Goon several years ago. Got it back as slick and tight as they come. He treats these as an art and a science I think. Beautiful work.