The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old February 25, 2019, 01:10 AM   #1
AERacing1813

Any competitions near Central Arkansas?

Had the chance to try out my first "competition shooting" with my best friend on vacation in Maui, Hawaii a few weeks ago and I think I'm hooked now!

I've always enjoyed going and killing paper or going to this open field with steel, but I'm looking for some local spots that I can get into competing!

I'm really open for anything, I've got a wide variety of firearms to choose from, although I'd love to run my CZ shadow2 the most

I'm not sure what particular type of shooting I would enjoy most, we shot Cowboy action, and that was so amazing to do! But I've always liked to see the videos of Steel challenge/IDPA as well... just looking for local friendly ideas!
Old February 25, 2019, 04:25 AM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

Your best bet is probably to check the CASA calendar. There are a few other ranges around here, but CASA seems more competition-centered than the others.
Old February 25, 2019, 09:07 AM   #3
egd

Yes, there's CASA just west of LR. Then there's Benton Gun Club, actually kinda between Benton and Bryant. Both clubs have uspsa and idpa. CASA has steel challenge and Benton has "speed steel". There's also clubs in Whitehall and Hot Springs. I think they mostly do idpa or a variation of it. CASA is mostly competition oriented.
Between all those clubs you can shoot somewhere almost every weekend of the year if you want.
Old February 25, 2019, 01:19 PM   #4
AERacing1813

Gotcha! I have called and spoke with one of the directors at CASA, he added me to the email list

Thank you all so much!
Old February 25, 2019, 03:30 PM   #5
egd

Good. There's a uspsa shoot this Sunday. Start time is 10 am. Sign up at 9:15. Come and shoot, or at least watch.
Old February 25, 2019, 08:55 PM   #6
Jim Watson

CASA is a good outfit. They hosted the IDPA Nationals for several seasons.