The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 8, 2022, 10:56 PM   #1
Trooper Joe

My new Ruger LC Carbine (5.7 x 28)

This thing is absolutely great. Slipped a Sig Romeo5 red dot on it and took it to the range. Shot it at 10 yards and it was one raged hole. Almost the same at 25 yards. The flip up sights can be used right through the Sig red dot scope (love this feature).

I ordered the 5 shot mag extension as well as the mag loader from the Ruger Shop and they both work great. You will love the loader since your fingers get a little sore loading 20 rounds without it.

You have to play with it a little to get the stock to unfold from it's folded position but it is smoothing out real nice. I did move the charging handle to the right side which works better for me.

Windage was correct for the red dot and flip up sights. I did crank the front sight all the way down since the POI was a little low. However, I just realized that was only because of parallax from shooting at 10 yards. Will readjust it next time I am at the range.

Trooper Joe
Old October 13, 2022, 05:45 PM   #2
litework

I'm really glad to hear that you like your LC Carbine. I have the same set-up but haven't had an opportunity to take it to the range since my Romeo5 arrived. I mounted a 3x Juliet micro in front of it. I bought the LC Carbine because I recently picked up a Ruger 57 and really enjoy shooting it. Just seems like it would be a great little round in a small rifle.