The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old September 20, 2022, 02:51 AM   #1
Linker

No gun registration in Louisiana or Texas

I had this discussion a few years ago in Louisiana with a few people and could not convince any of them. I used to sell guns in the early 90s so I knew but these guys insisted. I even told them to call law enforcement but they wouldn't and instead insisted I was wrong. I told them they were filling out a form 4473 which is a federal form but they wouldn't believe me. I even named states that had registration like California and New York. I could not believe that they thought they knew better than me after I used to be licensed to sell. I was rowing against the flow.
Old September 20, 2022, 02:55 AM   #2
Linker

I forgot to say that while in Texas a police officer even mentioned to me that Texas had no gun registration. I don't even remember what the conversation was about but it came up.
Old September 20, 2022, 06:07 AM   #3
eflyguy

Sorry but do you have a point you are trying to make?
Old September 20, 2022, 06:16 AM   #4
Wag

Sounds like frustration about knowing an answer and others refusing to believe him. Happens all the time on line. Best to just let it go but I do understand the need to vent a bit now and then.

--Wag--
Old September 20, 2022, 10:18 AM   #5
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag
Sounds like frustration about knowing an answer and others refusing to believe him.
I agree, but Linker didn't tell us what people don't believe him about. It appears that he's talking about people who believe that gun registration exists in places where it doesn't -- but he didn't come out and say that.
Jeepaholic
Old September 20, 2022, 03:06 PM   #6
Linker

It was frustration on having them not believe me. Have any of you experienced this at times when you were telling the truth. The title says "No gun registration in Louisiana or Texas". Yes I was venting. Wag seems to get it.
Old September 21, 2022, 07:07 AM   #7
Double Naught Spy

So you are coming out now to express your frustration of people not believing something you said in the 1990s???
Old September 21, 2022, 09:31 AM   #8
ChimpMunk20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linker View Post
It was frustration on having them not believe me. Have any of you experienced this at times when you were telling the truth. The title says "No gun registration in Louisiana or Texas". Yes I was venting. Wag seems to get it.
Why do you care if they believe you.
Old September 21, 2022, 10:23 AM   #9
ballardw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linker View Post
That behavior makes me take anything that "they" say I on a topic I am not familiar with as being questionable at best.
Old September 21, 2022, 12:03 PM   #10
Electrod47

.....yawn.......
Old September 21, 2022, 12:58 PM   #11
44 AMP
Staff

While you have a point, I don't see it as a point for discussion in the Law and Civil Rights forum.

Closed.