The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: IS EAA the worst company to deal with?
Yes 34 53.97%
No 29 46.03%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9, 2002, 05:06 PM   #26
fix

Well, I'm all for bashing a bad company...but over half your posts on TFL have been EAA bashing, with half of those being "BTT". It seems pretty foolish to me considering the fact that you have one for sale here.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...hreadid=110931

But hey, that's none of my business.
Old May 9, 2002, 05:16 PM   #27
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

BTRD&F.
Old May 9, 2002, 06:06 PM   #28
kbsrn

BTT

No it is not. It is an attempt to demostrate to Tan how many customers they have lost due to the extremely poor customer service that EAA provides to many of it's customers. here is nothing personal in it at all. I love the Witness I have, it is pound for pound one of the best valies out there. What I really don't like is the way EAA treats people who have a problem. I work in a customer service relate area and know how the public is supposed to be served.

Well ok it is a little personal. I won't buy another Witness while EAA is the importer. I really do like the pistol and would buy at least two others if it wasn't for EAA. So as soon as Tan gets rid of EAA I can continue buying the pistols I want. So that part is personal.
Old May 9, 2002, 06:08 PM   #29
kbsrn

For sale

I do have that one for sale. I am not bashing Tan or the Witness, I think that they are great. It is EAA I am bashing. I am selling the pistol becuase it won't do something I want to do, convert to 45ACP. The other one I own is converted to another caliber. I haven't said one bad thing about the pistol, it is EAA.
Old May 10, 2002, 08:19 AM   #30
Snowdog

Go get 'em, Tiger...

Brevity Is The Soul of Wit.

-Shakespeare-
Old May 11, 2002, 01:51 PM   #31
rolling rock

I had a Witness P that after only 6,000 rds through it got to the point that with the safety on you could still pull the trigger and get the hammer to fall. And the slide pin would back off randomly causing a slide jam. (not good for protecting your life!). I sent it back to EAA who in turn completely rebuilt the gun and returned it in two weeks. all it cost me was the fedex chg. didn't like the gun from the day I bought it but, can't complain about EAA's service
Old May 11, 2002, 02:09 PM   #32
tankertom

Sounds good to me. I have warned everyone who asked away from EAA after a bad QC and customer service experience.
Old May 11, 2002, 04:50 PM   #33
Gewehr98

Kinda begs the question, though...

As to why some folks have had nothing but exemplary service from EAA, but others got the worst customer relations nightmare of their lives, if I'm reading the posts correctly. What was different in each case?

Neural Misfires
Old July 6, 2002, 11:21 PM   #34
nvrquit

EAA: Jekyll and Hyde?

Gewehr98,

Well, I'm always open to constructive review of my actions. Could you review my previous post and the associated links regarding my experiences, with an EAA 10mm Compact Tanfoglio Witness in Wonder finish.

Perhaps you, or others, may be able to conclude where I may have over-stepped what a customer should expect from any company when purchasing an item... that is, considering the policies that EAA attmepts to espouse.

Remember, review the associated links. Then post your response.

Thanks for any feedback!
Old July 6, 2002, 11:50 PM   #35
kbsrn

EAA

Well I dumped thie pistol. I lost $'s but I am gald to be done with it. I liked the pistol, but I refuse to do business with a company like EAA. I went and bought a used SIg 229 for $450 and am much happier. Can't compare the two, and as a added bonus I don't get nasty e-mail from the PResident of SigArms like I did from the president of eaa.
Old July 9, 2002, 07:25 PM   #36
vetts1911

2 out of 3 had problems

My first EAA 45 Witness was good but the wonder coat started peeling off after just 350 rounds, now the two bad ones got the witness 9mm competetion had some nice features and was not a low grade gun functioning was not there, got the Bakil over and under my dealer took care of me on that, it would not eject the top chamber. There guns are reasonable, they import some good stuff but, the company will not come around as I see them as a long end company and care more about the sale and your done.

As a note they did pick up DR Middlebrooks, I would like to see if that makes any differnce. He can give them some serious technical help that I feel thay need. I think that if you want a CZ get it from CZ the 100 bucks aint worth it!
Old July 11, 2002, 03:39 PM   #37
RANash

Tamara,

What's BTRD&F mean?
Old August 4, 2006, 10:43 PM   #38
billdeserthills

EAA Junk or Treasure

I'm a new FFL, May 0f 2006, but the only thing I buy from EAA is their Windicator, a .357 Mag DA Pistol. Say what you want, but a .357 at my cost of $179.99? also it's better made than the Comanche .357 mag. Hey for less than $200 bucks for a new 357 mag, I won't complain. Also I would'nt personally own or shoot a cheap gun, I can't see why anyone who values their hand would take the chance.
Old September 6, 2006, 06:18 AM   #39
caz223

The problem isn't so much with their guns. Everybody makes good and bad ones. Move on.
The problem is with their service dept.
I have had dealings with them in the past.
Let's just say I don't currently own anything they would be fixing under warranty and leave it at that.
Too bad there isn't a smilie for the double bird.
Old September 6, 2006, 12:27 PM   #40
Jiml3

Before CZ was importing into the U.S., I bought a Tanfoglia BTA 90 before EEA took over from the Florida importer. When I needed some service, I called EEA and when they found out it was purchased before they became the importer, they would not offer any help and were very unpleasant. I wrote a letter to the
parent company president in Italy and informed them of my experience with EEA
and said they did not serve his company well and hoped he would find another importer. He responded but was politically correct in not saying or doing anything. Thankfully, CZ started importing and I no longer had a need for the Witness line. Enjoy doing business with CZ-USA.

Jiml3
Old September 16, 2006, 08:41 PM   #41
SKYDIVER386

The Tanfoglio Witness pistols are some of the finest on the market right now. I own a Gold Team in .45ACP with an interchangable upper in 10mm, a Silver Team in .45ACP with a .38 Super upper, and a 9mm standard frame gun. All these pistols have given superb service in the years that I have had them.

With that said, EAA is not the best company to deal with. The parts available from them are fantastic quality from the Tanfoglio Factory, and believe me, there are lots of goodies available. On the other hand, if your pistol breaks, forget sending it to EAA for repairs. Better off buying a new part from their online store and having a local smith repair it.
Old September 16, 2006, 10:13 PM   #42
Blackwater OPS

No, clearly you have not dealt with "botach tactical".
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")
Old September 17, 2006, 08:14 PM   #43
atblis

They suck

Similar deal here. Love the Tanfoglio pistols (10mm and 38 SA especially), but don't own a single one and won't own another until somebody else is importing them.

:barf: EAACorp

I also make it a point to tell everyone why I won't own any EAA firearms (I am a gun club officer so...).

Thank god for CZ USA.

Gotta love the internet.
Old September 21, 2006, 04:59 PM   #44
roscoe

Quote:
What's BTRD&F mean?
Yeah - let us in on it.
Old September 22, 2006, 05:03 AM   #45
rlong5

Quote:
Yeah - let us in on it.
Since the poster hasn't responded to the first request in over four years, I doubt that we'll ever find out.