The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 23, 2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: May 11, 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 761
Form 1 to Form 4 Transfer

I'm transferring an SBR that's registered to me personally on a Form 1 to my trust on a Form 4 so I can share my toys with my friends.

For 4(a) under "Name and Address of Manufacturer and/or Importer of Firearm", do I put the original Manufacturer (RRA) or do I put myself?
"Our contract called for 16 cases of rifles and ammunition for $10,000 dollars, not a machine gun...........That is our present to the General"-Pike Bishop

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Beretta686 is offline  
Old December 24, 2013, 12:28 AM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam
Join Date: March 17, 1999
Posts: 24,383
A Form 1 is for a manufacturer, so whatever/whoever you put on that form as the manufacturer (presumably you) is the manufacturer of record, and that is what should be in the NFRTR. RRA made a rifle; it did not make an SBR, the manufacturer of record did.

I would put that name under manufacturer, and the show RRA under additional makings as the manufacturer of the original rifle.

James K is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2020 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.05264 seconds with 8 queries