The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old September 20, 2008, 08:42 PM   #26
chinpokojed

Thanks, I'll take a look..
Old September 21, 2008, 11:59 AM   #27
Alleykat

It's a shame that the owner of GT doesn't care much for Glocks. I doubt that he even owns one. GT is simply a commercial enterprise for him, which, of course, is fine.
Old September 21, 2008, 12:53 PM   #28
Jeff #111

I like the Glock 30SF. That slightly remodeled frame is great. Don't care too much for the Glock 30, Glock 21 or the Glock 21SF, but I like the 30SF.
Old September 22, 2008, 10:46 AM   #29
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

As far as I know, we don't do forum bashing here, so some of you will need to knock that off instantly.

Chinpoko, it sounds like you may have been the victim of an IP ban. If a bothersome troll re-registered with several names from your IP range, and there weren't any other members with that IP, they may have banned the entire IP range so they didn't have to mess with him anymore. Unfortunately, that means that new people who sign up with that IP get banned, too.

I'd just send an email to the administrator and explain what happened. He can look up your account and it should show why you were banned.
Old September 22, 2008, 06:29 PM   #30
MrAnteater

Glock Talk has always had issues like that because they ban so many people and I have no idea how they keep track of everything. I've seen many instances of people getting accidentally banned. The moderator accidentally banned himself at one point!

You may find some useful info on Glock Talk but be warned it isn't moderated as well as The Firing Line and the behavior there can sometimes get pretty childish.

I've been always able to find pretty much everything here about guns so no need to wander too far off in other forums.
Old September 22, 2008, 07:44 PM   #31
RevDerb

They have been updating software on glocktalk.com and I suspect this might explain your dilemma. See if you can get a msg to the moderator and ask him to respond to you via your email. I don't remember for sure, but is GT a forum that requires an email address that is directly linked to an ISP rather than the hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc. accounts? If so, that may be the explanation also. I hope that you get it worked out. I enjoy GT and visit it daily.
"... and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36b)
Ruger GP100 .357 , Ruger SR9, Ruger SR40c, Ruger LC9, Ruger LCP, S&W 22a, Marlins, Henry .22 and a shotty.
NRA, USN, Viet Nam Era Vet
Old September 24, 2008, 02:57 PM   #32
checkmate

Chinpokojed,
I have a G17 & G19, and while i can conceal them both, the G19 is by far my favorite, it's a 2nd generation without the finger grooves. I also tried the G26 subcompact but found i couldn't pocket carry with it and liked it less than the G19 for a CCW as the 19 was easier for me to draw. I carry the Federal HST 147gr. and love it. Modern day 147 gr has come a long way and is quite a viable round.
Old September 24, 2008, 04:19 PM   #33
Mal H
Staff

All discussion of actual Glock pistols is welcome in the semiauto handgun forum.

When and if we learn anything about the GT banning problem, it will be posted here.

Closed for now.
Closed Thread