The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 10, 2012, 07:33 PM   #1
reap

I hate gun stores...

They keep sucking me in and help me spend my money.

Ok, I was out yesterday having fun with my Colt Gold Cup just thinking about how much fun it is. Then today I have an extra 30 minutes so I decide to blow by the gun store for a few to check out the merchandise.

I walk out with a Rock Island tactical 1911 in 9mm and a Colt Delta Elite 10mm.

I was simply thinking about how I have a couple of .45's and .22's on the 1911 so why not add the 9. Then I saw the Delta and figured I had always wanted a 10mm.

Now I get to pick these things up on Monday and have not done any research or thought about either of them... Can you guys please give me some ideas or opinions of what I should expect from these?
Old February 10, 2012, 07:35 PM   #2
TXAZ

Aren't you glad there's no such thing as "Guns Anonymous"?

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old February 10, 2012, 07:40 PM   #3
reap

Seriously

I know... I have to stay away for months at a time just because I can't help myself.

If they worked out some sort of a "Netflix" arrangement...
Old February 10, 2012, 07:41 PM   #4
kinggabby

The only cure for gun addiction is not having the money to buy them.
Old February 10, 2012, 07:55 PM   #5
frigate88

Hahahaha! Same thing happened to me 3 days ago. Took the ole lady to the range and on the way out we were looking at some guns and they LGS finally got a buckmark in. Of course the ruger mark III was in the next case over. I had just bought a GSG 1911 .22 2 days prior to this trip, hence the reason why we were there. I liked the feel of the of the buckmark and my wife liked the ruger. So needless to say we went in with 2 guns the GSG and the glock we brought and walked out with 4 guns!!
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for thier own actions."
****BLEED BLUE, 10-8****
Old February 10, 2012, 09:41 PM   #6
TXAZ

Hi, my name is TXAZ and I'm a ....

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old February 10, 2012, 09:49 PM   #7
taylor351

Quote:
TXAZ Aren't you glad there's no such thing as "Guns Anonymous"?
I ain't no quitter
Old February 10, 2012, 10:22 PM   #8
betterdays

It seems I always have money for guns but not enough for ammo.. >.<
Old February 10, 2012, 11:21 PM   #9
IMightBeWrong

I hate all but one of my local gun stores because they're full of employees that don't know what they're talking about, are full of crap, or are a mix of both. Only one local shop has employees willing to say "I don't know, but I'll be happy to look into that for you."
Old February 10, 2012, 11:28 PM   #10
orionengnr

As long as I know what I'm looking at. I don't really care what they know...or don't know.

Looking forward to a report on how you enjoy the 10mm.
As far as 9mm 1911s go, been there, done that...there is one I would like for a specific purpose but barring that...not so much. JMHO.
Old February 11, 2012, 01:25 AM   #11
Fatboy72

I myself love the gunshops, its like a grownups candy store, and I agree with the statement that I don't care what they know or don't know as I read and research before making my decisions. If they do know and will honestly tell me I'm glad and do remember that, but in the end they are in the business to sell guns, not be my friend. Of course if you frequent a place enough there is that possibility...

My newest toy below. Heheheee weeeee.

Old February 11, 2012, 02:03 AM   #12
Sure Shot Mc Gee

It's nice to hear someone's got money to burn these days. lol I'd end up sleeping out on the porch if I done that!!!! --Personally I don't like the 10s myself. A Colt anything? >Ooooh!! nice. --All the same. If that is what you want. "Than by all means enjoy."
Old February 11, 2012, 02:24 AM   #13
Chilli9880

That must be nice. Walking out with ... XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX hang guns. Congrats bro, good purchases!
Old February 11, 2012, 03:59 AM   #14
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Quote:
I walk out with a Rock Island tactical 1911 in 9mm and a Colt Delta Elite 10mm.
Quote:
Can you guys please give me some ideas or opinions of what I should expect from these?
My Colt Delta Elite is one of my absolute favorite pistols to shoot! I have been shooting 10mm auto just about since the first day that it came out (just as soon as I could get my hands on it) and have owned a number of 10mm launchers over the years, and prefer my Delta Elite.

Unless you enjoy spending extra on ammo ("full house" 10mm is harder to find and pricier when you do), reloading is the way to go with the 10; especially if you like shooting it a lot.

I can't speak to a 9mm 1911, don't have one - never have; everyone knows that the .45 and the 1911 go hand in hand! (note tongue in cheek...)

Just like everyone also knows that the true function of a gun is to separate you from your dollars... and that is only the down payment... with additional installment payments that coincide with each and every round... so, you should expect fewer green pieces of paper to remain in your wallet on a regular basis! (And of the few that remain, they will most likely resemble the first president as opposed to that old famous diplomat with the kite in the storm!)

Now, go figure...
Old February 11, 2012, 04:10 AM   #15
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
I hate gun stores...

They keep sucking me in and help me spend my money.
By that same logic, I really should start hating this forum!! 4 months and third gun on the way....

Still, the scars from selling that second kidney are healing nicely....
Old February 11, 2012, 04:44 AM   #16
dascottsman

Quote:
Still, the scars from selling that second kidney are healing nicely....
C'mon, you still got a liver don't ya'????????
Old February 11, 2012, 08:25 AM   #17
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
C'mon, you still got a liver don't ya'????????
Heck-no!!
That paid for the Redhawk....
Old February 11, 2012, 08:35 AM   #18
Marquezj16

Yeah, went in to buy some 45 ACP ammo and I didn't know they had a deal going on. "Buy two boxes of 45 ACP ammo and we'll throw in a 1911 for a low price of $$$$" I have no willpower.
Old February 11, 2012, 09:22 AM   #19
HOGSHOOTER

We all need are toys,like my 50 BEOWULF that begging me to take it out hunting.HOGSHOOTER
Old February 11, 2012, 11:45 AM   #20
TailGator

Quote:
The only cure for gun addiction is not having the money to buy them.
Then I am cured. But I expect a relapse.
Old February 11, 2012, 12:47 PM   #21
FairWarning

Gunbroker is far more dangerous to me than any gunstore. Althought he FFL location I use is also dangerous because every time I go to pick up my latest acquisition, they have a fantastic used gun assortment. More than once, I've come very close to buying a gun from them while picking up one from someone else.
Old February 11, 2012, 09:01 PM   #22
reap

Two more days!

Thanks for the good reviews of the Delta... I have wanted one for a long time. As far as the 9mm, it's a 1911. As long as it goes bang and puts holes roughly where I want... I am certain to be happy.

Two more days and I will have a full report for everyone. Now I am hoping that when I go pick them up that I don't see anything else I want.

I understand too well the not being able to afford that stuff, was there for a long time. Thankfully now I am past that point. Hang in there...
Old February 11, 2012, 09:13 PM   #23
B.N.Real

Going into gun stores and pawn shops that sell guns never gets old.

If you want to donate that tactical 9mm to a good cause,I have a FFL you can send it too.

Would'nt want you to suffer too much,ya know.
Old February 11, 2012, 09:32 PM   #24
jborushko

you think thats bad?

at my local gun shop, the owners put things in the back just to hold for me. because they KNOW i will buy them. i didn't give them a list of my "keep an eye outs", they just seem to know.

they've gotten me with two dan wessons, a smith m60, colt combat commander... few others i cant remember
Old February 11, 2012, 09:42 PM   #25
22-rimfire

I hate them too... I was in the area of a gunshop I had not visited in about a year today. Decided to visit. I was impressed with the number of customers and the number of firearms on hand. Walked out with a Ruger SR-22 pistol, but there are a couple somethings I would like to own there.