The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 24, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Gdawgs

New/Used Cabinet

We were cleaning up an area at work today, and we got to this cabinet. We are all looking at it and asking what should we do with it. The consensus was to scrap it since it was no longer needed. I'm looking at it thinking "Hmmm this would go nicely in my garage. Would be perfect for my reloading supplies". One of the perks at work is that we can purchase anything that is scrapped for its scrap value. So I snagged it. It's kind of an odd shape. Tall, not very wide, and shallow(less than 10") But I like the shallowness. When I have deep cabinets, crap always makes its way to the back and I lose track of what's back there. So here it is with most of my stuff. Oh and the best part, only $4. It also came full of plastic bins.

Old October 25, 2013, 04:33 AM   #2
NHSHOOTER

Ill take one also..
Old October 25, 2013, 09:15 AM   #3
mjes92

Impressive. Nice variety.

Where did you get the pound of True Blue? I've been looking for that for over a month now.
NRA - Life Member
Old October 25, 2013, 10:13 AM   #4
Nick_C_S

Nice find. That can of 540 looks old. I have a can of 296 that looks just like it (except smaller), and it's 27 years old. Are those Lee Bulge Buster reservoirs I see?
Old October 25, 2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Gdawgs

I got the True Blue at a gunstore in Mandan, ND. It is the only place I've ever been to that carries Ramshot.

I found the 540 in a powder stash of my dad's. Just to the left of the True Blue, I have a bottle of Trap 100 that I found. I have not tried that one yet. He has some other old powders too, but I didn't grab any others. He has some old Alcan powder that I might snag at some point.

No I don't have any Bulge Busters(never even heard of those before). I have some older dies that come in that round container, and some bullet sizing dies.
Old October 26, 2013, 12:38 AM   #6
snapshot762

Good score! Nice cabinet for $4.
Old October 26, 2013, 03:11 AM   #7
JustSomeGuy

Hmmm... looks like the kind of cabinet used to store dry chemicals, which is basically what you are using it for. They are not too deep for the same reason you like it, in that things would tend to be not seen and go unused or un-inventoried should they get buried behind stuff.
Old October 26, 2013, 11:37 AM   #8
g.willikers

And lockable, too.
Way better than my eyelets and bicycle lock.
Good find.
Can you mail me one?