The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 30, 2011, 09:07 PM   #1
EricPE

MI - Unusual Case of Self-Defense w/ CPL

Confidential

Can you refer a very good attorney who is pro self-defense, and also goes into details to protect clients?

Can you refer a self-defense expert within MI?

Can you refer an expert who is focused on issues of how a parent feels when in danger with a small child?

Some Basics (not a complete account):

In 2009, I was attacked on my own yard while watching my 2 year old son. The attacker physically hit me, threatened great bodily harm, and to kill me, and said with his words and body language that he had a gun. I had a CPL at the time. The pistol was drawn after conditions arose in which I felt were necessary, such as seeing the attacker reach for his weapon, but my pistol was not fired, and the attacker left. No one was hurt except me which was an initial punch by the attacker. Also, a witness near the incident said that I was aggressively approached by the attacker, that I was trying to get away, but the attacker would not let me safely leave with my son.

Unfortunately, my first attorney told me the 911 audio was not available. But later after a trail, my brother later found out that the 911 audio files were available, and they can help me out significantly. So, I am now preparing for an evidentiary hearing.

Your discrete attention is appreciated. And any help shall be appreciated.
Old January 30, 2011, 10:35 PM   #2
AC89

Sorry I cant help, but any thing you put on a public forum is no longer confidential.
Old January 31, 2011, 01:29 PM   #3
Bartholomew Roberts

You may want to try the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. They can't provide much help after the fact; but they may be able to refer you to an attorney.
Old January 31, 2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Glenn E. Meyer

It is never a good idea to discuss your legal problems in an open forum. It certainly isn't discrete. Get a competent attorney, ASAP.

Closed