The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 14, 2011, 09:59 AM   #751
Libertad

I've visited the forum as a guest many times over the past year or so, and finally made an account because I'm seriously interested in buying my first handgun.
I'm 22, live near Ann Arbor, and I'm in school full time to be an ESL teacher. I have been around/using guns recreationally since I was very young. .22s with grandpa and the boy scouts, my uncle's MAK-90 as a teenager and I've recently started having fun with grandpa and his revolvers.
It will be interesting to look back on this post 5 gun purchases in the future and see my thought process as a 1st time owner.

Last edited by Libertad; January 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old January 16, 2011, 09:24 PM   #752
LongGun385

South Carolina Native

I found many of the forums very helpful in the past and decided to join the community
Old January 16, 2011, 09:56 PM   #753
Iron Deacon

Hello all! I'm Ted, living in south Central Texas. Have been an avid loader, hunter, shooter, and hobby 'smith for years on bolt actions and lever actions. Have ventured into semi-auto's (pistols and rifles) recently, mostly in the desire for defense of home and property in these uncertain days. I have lots of questions concerning carry laws, legal issues on semi-automatics, and the semiautomatic firearms in general.

Thanks for having me aboard!
Old January 17, 2011, 05:49 AM   #754
TomChemEngineer

New from Georgia

Hello Forum,
I am Tom, and have been an avid shooter all my life. Grew up in an area where hunting was still a way of life, and love the mechanics of firearms. Not really a collector, I believe all firearms should be used regularly like any good tool. Hoping to give and get a lot from this forum, so bear with me while I learn the ropes.
Old January 17, 2011, 11:27 PM   #755
lsevenish

New but interested and having fun with the site

I was glad to find this site! So far, I was a bit stuck at a campfire...
I noticed that no one had mentioned, atleast not that I have found, that Ross Seyfried currently writes for the Double gun journal. Its not accesable online maybe, but his articles can also be found on the NRA website, and several on hrca honda website. There is also a saftey video of Ross on the remington700.tv web site. Everyone talks about him in a past tense I am seeing but hopefully the above will get his readers (like me) a fresh place to look.
If anyone is interested, I also have information about his ranch, Elk Song recently placed on the market.
Old January 18, 2011, 04:49 PM   #756
sunsetburl

Hello, I am new to this forum and have not had much experience with handguns. I have plenty of experience with rifles though. My interests in hand guns started with- Ruger p95, sig 226, colt 1911 and the R9 9mm ( for my wife). I thank you and I hope to learn alot on this forum. I also dabble in knife making and love to collect different kinds of domestic and exotic wood. SB

Last edited by sunsetburl; January 18, 2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old January 22, 2011, 10:26 PM   #757
SouthernGuy8503

new member from NC

New member form NC.

I don't know a whole lot about firearms so I hope I can come here with any question I'll have.

I plan on being a cop, I start BLET Academy on Monday (1/24) for 16 weeks. After that I plan on buying a Smith & Wesson M&P full size, just not sure on the caliber yet but I'm thinking the .40 cal.

I am also an NRA member.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; January 23, 2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old January 23, 2011, 12:04 AM   #758
RepublicanHack

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I have been involved in firearms since childhood and have stop by this site pretty often so I thought I may as well join.
Old January 23, 2011, 01:11 AM   #759
nygunbroker

Greetings from snow covered New York!

Hello all! Greetings from snow covered Upstate New York.
My name is George
My Wife Rose and I Own an Online Gun Store http://rggunsny.com We also have a brick and mortar store here in New York.This forum has a lot of great topics to read and discuss.
We both have concealed carry (Pistol Permits) as there called in Wayne county ,New York.We enjoy shooting and talking with fellow gun owners .About guns or anything. I Look forward to Reading the posts and talking to all of you.We as gun owners are charged with making sure that our rights are never taken away. This site is a great place.
George
Be safe
See in the gun shop
Old January 24, 2011, 12:03 PM   #760
cltinseattle

Hello . . . again?

Hello everyone. I guess I am new again because I used to post messages years ago so I know I had a membership but apparently since I suffer from CRS syndrome (can't remember &$#!) I needed to create a new membership id. So hello again everyone.
Old January 24, 2011, 12:18 PM   #761
ARick81

Hey all. Name's Andrew, I just discovered the forum while searching for answers concerning a recent purchase and now i can't stop reading the threads here. Seems that MOST of the ppl here have good info and the rest are good for entertainment. Hopefull i will be able to bring both to the table. Been around long guns all my life but only owned for a couple of years now. Love archery and finally became a handgun owner just a few months ago. Looking forward to participating in the forums
Old January 25, 2011, 12:06 AM   #762
Big Av

Hey all...

Greetings from the Chicagoland area. I figured after the poor performance of our our Bears yesterday that it was time to get a gun...

Actually, I have some shooting experience and am looking to get more involved. Thanks for all the advice in the forums... You're a great help.
Old January 25, 2011, 01:25 AM   #763
700cdl

I've been visiting and posting on here for about a month or so but never really introduced myself. So hello everyone and thank you for the fun forums.
700CDL says,
"When seconds count, the police are only a few minutes away"
Old January 25, 2011, 05:41 AM   #764
Zmax

New here. 29 from Vermont. Alot of questions. Thinking about starting to reload.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:14 AM   #765
Big Greg

Hi I'm a 20 year old from West Virginia. I hunt small and big game and am a avid gun lover.
Old January 27, 2011, 12:25 AM   #766
The Kramerstein

Hello. Jan. 26, 2011

Hello
A google search landed me on a very interesting thread.

So I decided to join.

I am no stranger to online forums, so expect no problems from me.

I am researching a K98 that I have in my possession, as well as other 'collectibles'.

You know how it goes. The only purchases you regret are the ones that you didn't make, right?

I have to be very careful about the collectible I have. It's been hell having one of only one. But apparently there is another, and I sent this gentleman a private message, and I pray he gets it.

That's my story.

Houston area. Male. Engineering Mgr. 42. Law abiding. Politically active.
Old January 29, 2011, 11:17 AM   #767
kpcofgs

kpcofgs

GENTLEMEN & LADIES,

I LOOK FORWARD TO READING AND SHARING.
Old February 1, 2011, 06:36 PM   #768
nosoupforyou

Hey All,

Another new guy here, name is Erik, 34 year old just getting back into shooting. I used to shoot a lot as a child having been raised in a Law Enforcement and Military family. It's been about 15 years since I had gone shooting, and now remember how great it is!

So, based on that, I've purchased my first 2 handguns over the past couple of days. I picked up an H&K HK45, and a Sig Sauer P226 TACOPS.

Look forward to talking guns with all of you!

Thanks
Old February 2, 2011, 06:51 PM   #769
Little Johnny

Geetings from a newb in SE TEXAS..gulf coast and expecting snow! that aint right. Had about a 20 yr hiatus from shooting, but got back into last few years..My son loves to hunt and plink..and dang it, my college junior daughter loves it more..missed out on that

Been mostly a revolver guy, but recently got a 22/45...love it and affordable to go out for the afternoon...

member NRA CCA
me-25-06, 22/45, marlin 22 rifles, couple 38 sp.
son-got him a new 7mm-08, loves it...shot a nice lil hog last yr with my 25-06, didnt see anything this year with his new rifle

Last edited by Little Johnny; February 2, 2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old February 3, 2011, 01:54 AM   #770
Eastside

Hey All, just joined the forum 02/03/11. I live in Michigan and am in the very beginning stages of the CPL process. I hope to learn some things from joining this forum and look forward to chatting with you all.
Old February 6, 2011, 02:25 PM   #771
jna142

new tfl

Hello every one im jna 142. Just like to say thanks to every one who has posted on my thread about hi-point grips and hi-point hand guns. I know there not that popular yet, just give them time. Again thank you.
Old February 6, 2011, 02:40 PM   #772
wolferman

Wolfeman

Hi guys! Need to learn how to post. Hope it is easier than it looks.
Old February 7, 2011, 03:43 PM   #773
tonkatruck

Hello all, recently got into shooting with my 12 year old son. Our first gun is a 10 22 Ruger. Having a blast!
Old February 7, 2011, 08:41 PM   #774
pat77

new to forum

Hello all out there I am new to this forum site with lots of questions and some answers. I have recently opened a firearm dealership in western montana.
Does anyone have any recomendations on specific wholesale firearm dealers that are easy to work with and have good pricing for ffls ?
Old February 10, 2011, 10:41 PM   #775
LaTiratrice

Hi!
I'm a new female member who definitely loves to shoot! So far I've only shot 22s and 32s in pistols but I hope to graduate eventually. Possibly even go deer and bird hunting with my husband, if I can stand it.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent