The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old November 23, 2015, 10:42 AM   #1
Skans

Have USAS-12's dried up?

Periodically, I look around to see what USAS-12's are out there actually for sale. I usually can find one or two for sale at any given time on various places on the internet. I know that a lot of these never got registered and were eventually destroyed and sold for parts.

My interest is that I have one of these odd-ducks - registered - I was the one to register it back in the early-mid '90's. For a long time no one had much interest in these and prices were pretty stable at about $1,700 +/-$200. Probably because you could get an AK or AR in 12 gauge without the hassles of registration. Although neither is as robust as the USAS, they seem to work.

Now, they have seemed to all but dried up. Curious???
Old November 23, 2015, 02:16 PM   #2
TheDevilThatYouKnow

As I member of the same DD club, I occasionally look at what's out there as well. The last time I looked (last DEC) they were the same range online but someone had one at the N Georgia gun show at 3,500 OTD that didn't seem to have excessive wear on it.

Mine's a closet queen and likely to stay that way.

I've also never received a good answer as to how many were imported.