The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 6, 2005, 03:00 PM   #51
Doug.38PR

If the riot was going on in our area and spreading, I would rush to my neighbor's houses (if one of them didn't do it to the rest of us first) and call them to barracade our neighborhood street arming ourselves with whatever guns we have among us. If the riot mob of whatever people that are upset or druggedup spread to our neighborhood we would be ready.

If on the other hand, I was on the other side of town or downtown and a riot broke out all across teh downtown area I would get to my car and get out a town. If a mob tried to attack my car I'd put the punch the accellerator and run through the mob (I've never understood why people don't do that...although I do remember seeing a car do that during the Rodney King riots ). If I wasn't anywhere near my car I would make my way to the nearest LEO facility with my gun handy ready for use. If I didn't know where to find a LEO facility I'd get into a building and barracade myself in.
Old August 6, 2005, 07:40 PM   #52
115grfmj

drag the gillie out of storage...

barracade the family in the basement with orders to shoot anything that
didn't respond to our password challenge. Take up position on the roof,
(their is much to be said for an elevated position and a clear line of sight)
if anyone approachs with hositle intent, give them a warning shot
to the COM........ Run the perimeter with sucessive rings of trip wire and claymores.......
Old August 6, 2005, 08:02 PM   #53
Rangefinder

For those of you who need a translation ... as a hip and happening "street" dude I think I can convert this to english from the pedestrian vernacular in which it was originally written.

PO PO = one of the teletubbies (the purple one, I believe)
HIZZLE = a high energy soft drink

It is clearly referring to a riot caused by Po Po being out of his favorite soft drink. I would assume it is therefor a riot of small children.

Rather than responding with gunfire, perhaps a ring of plates of milk and cookies around the homestead would be better.

To those I've helped become more cool, you're welcome.

Garand Illusion-----That's a gaw-damned riot!! (no pun intended) Nice....Very nice.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
Old August 8, 2005, 04:45 PM   #54
nagantfan

Okay, I'll bite...what on earth is this thread about?

I figured out (I think) what "po po" means...my 7-year old told me, but he was not at all sure I would approve of referring to police officers by such a term.

Best I could tell, "po po" was scatalogical, in that the thread was directed toward figuring out what we would do if the SHTF.

But what on EARTH does "hizzle" mean?

Neither of the potential definitions I've run across here make a whole lot of sense. Example One: What would we do if there was a riot and the police no longer have any of a particular kind of soft drink? Couldn't figure out how law enforcement thirst-quenching is involved or relevant.

Example Two: What would we do if there was a riot and the police "is" ("are"?) "out of home" or "out of house"? Closest I can figure out here is, "what would I do if there was a riot and all the police were homeless?".

Huh?

I don't think a police officer's problems with his landlord just really wouldn't have much of an effect on my conduct during a riot.

Help me out here, guys....

To the extent the question is directed toward determining my course of action if there was a riot and the police were nowhere to be seen, or overwhelmed, my answer follows.

Hunker down, armed to the teeth. Make sure everyone else in the house is, too.

I wouldn't attempt to flee...too much a chance on the roads being jammed or meeting up with bad apples on the road.
Old August 8, 2005, 06:37 PM   #55
choice.of.beverage

well we live in the boonies, so i would put on the camo and camp out in the woods and pick em off with the .22wmr as they came down the driveway cause i don't wanna get stuck in my house. and then pop em with my left over 20 gauge slugs and #2 buckshot out of the mossberg if they came too close.

john-lee
Old August 8, 2005, 07:14 PM   #56
chemist308

Well I'd answer the question, but I don't want to give a confession and then go commit the crime. 5th amendmant
Old August 9, 2005, 01:05 AM   #57
clintpup

Alright Nagant, I'll end your suffering... "What do u do if there is a riot and po po is out of hizzle?" is roughly translatable to, What would you do if there was a riot and the police were nowhere to be found?

Last edited by clintpup; August 9, 2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old August 9, 2005, 07:45 AM   #58
nagantfan

Hizzle and All

I thank you Clintpup. That was sort of the impresssion I was getting, confirmed by my 15-year old...he tells me that in this instance "out of hizzle" is roughly equivalent to "not home" or "not there".

He also tells me that the original poster (Powderdonuts) committed an act of bad ghetto grammar, to wit: the proper question was "What do you do if there is a riot and the the po po is out 'da' hizzle...."

That makes it all so perfectly clear to me now...
Old August 9, 2005, 07:51 AM   #59
bclark1

won't this thread ever die?
Old August 9, 2005, 08:26 AM   #60
mfree

Shoot agressors.
Shoot to kill.

I drank the cool-aid.
Coal Creek Armory
Old August 9, 2005, 09:49 AM   #61
dave_in_delaware

...too strong... can't... resist...

I tried as hard as I could, but got sucked into this thread's strong gravitational pull....

Thanks clintpup, that's the interpretation I was going on, too. Although, I really did like the Teletubbies version, too!

I can't imagine anyone rioting here in Delaware. The only thing that would get us all bent out of shape was if they started charging state sales tax. Man, talk about a reason to burn the city to the ground: "You did away with tax-free shopping!? Now you will be destroyed!"

For me, I'd pack a few things and head out to my parents' house in Lancaster County. Why wait for someone to try and break in to take your stuff, or worse? Better to let them have it, call the insurance company, and live to tell about it.

1. Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact (1110 rnds as of 06/18/05)
2. Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact (w/ blue & silver GK, gift for fiancee)
3. Ithaca Gun Company Model 37 12ga shotgun (from Grandfather)
4. Future: AR-15 build
Old August 9, 2005, 10:58 AM   #62
Kestrel

"u" ?

"po po" ?

"hizzle" ?

I normally don't even open posts like this, assuming it to be written by a 13-year old, but stumbled upon it doing a search on a particular user name...

When I see "wording" and language "skills" such as this on various forums, I don't even open them. There is almost a 100% chance there is nothing worthwhile nor even intelligent in the original post.

Here's a tip "powderedsugardonutman" or whatever, if you want to be taken seriously or intelligently (in anything in life), don't speak/write/type in ghetto language. Don't post questions positing questions as to how to go about illegal acts (as in some of your other posts). I'm being serious. It will hold you back in life. Be productive.

If it's too much to communicate above a rap-style communication, might I suggest some other webforums, such as, probably: game forums, linux forums, music forums, etc.? I'm sure they would understand every grunt and hand gesture. And their definitition of "cool", is certainly the currency they value. It's not valued here, nor in the adult world.
Old August 9, 2005, 02:00 PM   #63
pt92

Personally speaking, I think one should already have a plan in place. I would lay low as well and hope for the best while being prepared for the worst. Keep more than a box of ammo around if you know what I mean.

-Cheers
Old August 9, 2005, 02:45 PM   #64
zzirg

Why then brother ,you fashizzel manizzle
Old August 9, 2005, 07:00 PM   #65
powderedonuts

Thank you SteveW for your input.

You have totally changed my life. I can now see the light! I will be a better person and strive to do all I can do to fit your view on what others should be!

I think we have to hug.
Old August 10, 2005, 07:03 AM   #66
PythonGuy

Hey SteveW13,

Here's someting even scarier, powderedonuts is allowed to have guns! Now that's worse then ANY SHTF scenario.
Old August 10, 2005, 04:28 PM   #67
M99M12

Po Po and Hizzle. I'd be looking out for you, and the other adolescents.

Yawn. I wish I hadn't posted.

There ain't too many things that a man can't fix
With 700 Dollars and a .30-'06
Old August 10, 2005, 04:37 PM   #68
CobrayCommando

Damn take it easy on him, were you guys born 35?
Old August 10, 2005, 04:37 PM   #69
M99M12

Pythonguy. Allowed to have a gun? Well, I dont remember the 2nd saying anything like that. :barf:

BTW Where can I find a case of Hizzle ronf

There ain't too many things that a man can't fix
With 700 Dollars and a .30-'06
Old August 31, 2005, 09:32 AM   #70
FirearmFan

Just to continue the edumication here, and yes I did spell it like that! The whole izzzling of words was made public by Snoop Dogg. If you don't know who he is just ask your son or daughter as they run by. I'll put $20 bucks on them knowing!

He and another artist had songs that used such catchy phrases.

Ahhh.... the joys of living in the concrete jungle.
Old August 31, 2005, 11:42 AM   #71
Kilroy08

Dela Where?

I'd have to agree with Dave. Lived in DE my whole life, not much worth looting. 'Course that might be because I live in the boonies. By the time I got there, all the good stuff would be gone

Hmmm... everything else was taken, what the heck am I gonna do with an 8-track player and a Betamax VCR???

Anyway, I'm far enough off the beaten path that I'll just sit here and listen to the news on my radio and move out when it heads my way.
Old August 31, 2005, 12:00 PM   #72
3 weelin geezer

M99M12
View Public Profile
Send a private message to M99M12
Send email to M99M12
Find More Posts by M99M12
Add M99M12 to Your Buddy List
Unread Today, 03:32 PM #70
FirearmFan

Just to continue the edumication here, and yes I did spell it like that! The whole izzzling of words was made public by Snoop Dogg. If you don't know who he is just ask your son or daughter as they run by. I'll put $20 bucks on them knowing!

He and another artist had songs that used such catchy phrases.

--------------------------------

So its the 'music' thats poisoning the minds of your youth?
Old August 31, 2005, 02:52 PM   #73
CobrayCommando

Poisoning our youth by infusing their minds with words like: "hep" and "cat"
Old August 31, 2005, 03:14 PM   #74
Powderman

Yo. I be strapped like a pair a pants, an be cribbin hard wit my shorty. Some bustahs come up in heah, I gat em hard, be bussin much caps fo shizzle. Lay dem bustahs out. Aint no dissin mah crib, homeboy. We out. Peace.

Translation:

Lock and load, and stay home with the family, with the provisions I have. Anyone that wants to press their luck will be met with deadly force. Period.

(Yes, stewardess, I DO speak jive!)
Old August 31, 2005, 03:29 PM   #75
Clayfish

please God! let this thread end!