The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 2, 2020, 04:59 PM   #1
TruthTellers

Tombstone Tactical really dropping the ball

I made an order with them two weeks ago for some mags and a reloading press. The AR mags were shown in stock on their site, but in reality they weren't, so they refunded me. Unfortunate, but not terrible.

The press tho is a different story as it has not been delivered and I'm not even sure if it has shipped yet. I've tried calling them, but they have a recording that is using the excuse of the pandemic as a reason they cannot make accept any phone calls and says to email them instead.

So, I email them and still days later no response. It's been two weeks, either they have the press in stock or they don't. Either they've shipped it or they haven't, whatever the case is I have no idea and even if I wanted to cancel the order and get the press from someone else in a timely manner, I can't.

Just figured I'd pass this along. If anyone is looking to buy anything from them, it's probably best to wait until after things settle down.
Old May 2, 2020, 05:53 PM   #2
FITASC

SERIOUSLY?
Where have you been since Covid-19?

EVERY supplier is backlogged with thousands of extra orders and all say that even in-stock items can take a few weeks to ship. Many aren't wasting time answering phones, etc. because they are too busy trying to get orders out.

This is from their website:

Quote:
Items showing available on the website may not be in-stock at our stores. Please contact us if you have a question.

For orders, please allow 5 to 7 days for processing as there may be a delay due to labor shortages, government restrictions and other concerns related to coronavirus (COVID-19).

We appreciate your patience as we continue to work through all of these issues to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old May 2, 2020, 06:04 PM   #3
TruthTellers

"Contact them if I have a question"

That's the problem I'm having, I can't get in touch with anybody. A day or two I can understand, but a week is ridiculous to get a simple question answered. If it takes them 2 weeks to ship something, that's fine, but at the very least they can tell me if something has or has not shipped.

Next time I'm just gonna buy from Midway. Never had any issues with them.
Old May 2, 2020, 06:47 PM   #4
rickyrick

Everything and everyone is backlogged, slow shipping, not answering phones because they had to cut staff, close doors... etc etc etc... not just gun places. Many things that you could’ve gotten next day can take up to two weeks. Meat is running low on shelves and all that Jazz.
I ordered radio batteries a month ago and still haven’t been shipped. It’s just the time we are in.
Don’t order anything that you want soon. I’ve got building supplies coming next week that I ordered two weeks ago, when I can usually get them in a day or three. Yesterday there was a line all the way around Home Depot.

You will just have to wait it out or cancel the payment.
Old May 2, 2020, 07:03 PM   #5
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrick View Post
Everything and everyone is backlogged, slow shipping, not answering phones because they had to cut staff, close doors... etc etc etc... not just gun places. Many things that you could’ve gotten next day can take up to two weeks. Meat is running low on shelves and all that Jazz.
I ordered radio batteries a month ago and still haven’t been shipped. It’s just the time we are in.
Don’t order anything that you want soon. I’ve got building supplies coming next week that I ordered two weeks ago, when I can usually get them in a day or three. Yesterday there was a line all the way around Home Depot.

You will just have to wait it out or cancel the payment.
Tried calling Fedex and they won't even bother getting me a human being to talk to, so if my package was stolen I can't even file a claim.

I'll wait for Monday to hear from Tombstone and if no delivery or response from them I'm calling my credit card company and telling them to withhold payment for fraud. Will also file a complaint with the BBB.
Old May 2, 2020, 09:43 PM   #6
rickyrick

Says right at the top of their webpage that they are experiencing delays due to government mandated labor shortages, just like the entire rest of the U.S.

I’d just cancel your order and reverse the charges. My local bbb says they are unable to address problems caused by Coronavirus shutdowns.
Old May 4, 2020, 11:27 AM   #7
dogtown tom

Quote:
TruthTellers:....Next time I'm just gonna buy from Midway. Never had any issues with them.
In the hundreds of transactions my customers and I've had with Tombstone Tactical I cannot recall a single problem.
Midway on the other hand.....so bad I'll never recommend them again.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old May 4, 2020, 12:34 PM   #8
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrick View Post
Says right at the top of their webpage that they are experiencing delays due to government mandated labor shortages, just like the entire rest of the U.S.

I’d just cancel your order and reverse the charges. My local bbb says they are unable to address problems caused by Coronavirus shutdowns.
The issue is I can't even contact them to cancel the order.
Old May 4, 2020, 01:28 PM   #9
TruthTellers

I was able to get in contact with Fedex on twitter and they told me they have nothing in their system showing any shipments from Tombstone Tactical to me besides the one item I got last week.

So, apparently, Tombstone hasn't shipped the press yet or if they have it's been shipped by another carrier.

Amazing that I had to go thru Fedex to get that information. Like, I thought OpticsPlanet was bad, but Tombstone Tactical is worse. At least with Optics I got in touch with several people, but Tombstone I'd be better off trying to send smoke signals.
Old May 4, 2020, 11:42 PM   #10
TruthTellers

Finally after days of emails and after I gave them an ultimatum in my last email to them, I got a response from Tombstone and they're sticking to their guns saying the press was shipped.

IDK how they shipped a reloading press in a manila envelope tho, cuz that's the only thing I got in the mail.
Old May 6, 2020, 12:54 PM   #11
TruthTellers

Things seem to have been figured out. Got an email and a distributor shipped the wrong part, recalled it, and failed to ship the press. So, other than Tombstone Tactical not being quick in their responses it's not their fault.
Old May 15, 2020, 01:04 AM   #12
TruthTellers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AecmGyQki0

Gonna set it up this weekend and see how this APP press goes.
Old May 16, 2020, 06:08 AM   #13
armoredman

Nice, always good to see a happy ending.