The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 25, 2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Colubrid

Tell me about bringing a revolver to calif for a week stay?

I took a handgun with me to Calif before, but this was before 911. Now i don't know if things have changed that much, but back then i just had to decalare it both ways while checking in at the airport, and it had to be locked in a hard case (bullets seperate).

I am planning on going for a week to spend time camping in the deserts. Is this a problem or anything i should know before trying to claim a gun while enroute from Atlanta to calif this April? Will Calif give me any problems on the way back. I plan on bringing a simple Ruger Sp101 with snub barrel.

With all the newer protoctive laws on shipping guns to calif (Calif approved list) i was wondering if any of this will effect me? If so, how?
Old March 25, 2010, 01:31 AM   #2
maestro pistolero

Not a problem. Locked container, unloaded, ammo not necessarily separate. No problem declaring to the airline on your way out.
'Search' is your friend, you will find a ton of info.