The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old October 6, 2005, 11:29 AM   #1
john in jax

Sexual Predators

Jacksonville, FL - Father prevents kidnapping. A father woke up about 3am because he heard strange noise coming from his backyard. Upon looking out a window he saw a perp trying to drag his young son over his backyard fence. The father rushed out and fought with the perp for several minutes, detaining him until police arrived.

The 30 year old perp was previously convicted of child molestation or sexual battery on a child in 1993. IMO it is unfortunate the perp survived the encounter.
Old October 6, 2005, 12:16 PM   #2
gddyup

I'd like to hear more about the story. It was 3am and the BG was dragging the kid out of the yard. Was it a B&E and no one in the house heard the BG getting in?

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement" - Unknown.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein
Old October 6, 2005, 12:29 PM   #3
SomeKid

Someone shoulda told the Father about FLs new 'kill'm when you get annoyed' law. He obviously had the right set of mind to rush out for his kid, too bad he didn't save us taxpayers the expense.
Old October 6, 2005, 12:29 PM   #4
MD_Willington

Link to story:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...?storyid=45262
Old October 6, 2005, 01:24 PM   #5
Pointer

Sexual predators?

Capital Punishment.
Old October 6, 2005, 01:25 PM   #6
john in jax

A real life senerio . . . this horribel stuff really happens! And yes, he got into the house, and wrestled the kid outside before they made enough noise to wake anyone. Just like the Jessica Lunsford case, just like that little girl out in Utah, just like a couple of others. It happens.

Here is link with a little more info:
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...19961605.shtml
Old October 6, 2005, 01:47 PM   #7
AndrewTB

This is why I hate Florida. Its a freaking haven for child predators. My sister almost got kidnapped the first month we lived here. Happy to be armed now because somone who attempts to molest or kidnap a child under those reasons deserves to die. I dont care how painful it is of a death. They dont belong here.

Pardon me if I seem a bit crazy about this but I hate seeing it on the news. People get away with murder.
Old October 6, 2005, 02:25 PM   #8
SomeKid

FL, a haven for pedos? I would have figured it would be some liberal state. What makes FL so appealing?
Old October 6, 2005, 02:26 PM   #9
tsavo

He broke in, wrestled the kid out of his room and through the house, out the door and the dad hears nothing, yet somehow he hears them all the way in the back yard.
Old October 6, 2005, 02:46 PM   #10
AndrewTB

SomeKid,
Legally its not a haven. If a predator gets caught now hes screwed. But its very easy to snatch a child here. Most of the police here are idiots. Yes im not ashamed to say it. They couldnt catch a criminal if they were stealing the laptops out of their cruisers.

The schools here do not take childrens safety sersiously like where I went to school when I was younger. They leave children unattended and do not pay attention nor do they card you when you pick up a child.

There several other things that add up. Look up statistics on predators. If I remember correctly Florida comes in 2nd next to Cali which is #1.
Old October 6, 2005, 03:09 PM   #11
chrisandclauida2

yep every state in the union has in their justification of use of deadly force that deadly force can be used to prevent/stop[depending on the state and wording] a kidnapping and child molestation.
i have a level 3 sex offender living 2 doors down from me in my cul de sac. he was there 6 mionths before we got the flyer he was moving in. i was pissed.
i copied arizona revised statute for justification of use of deadly force and highlighted this section and placed it in his mailbox. somewhere around here i have him on tape reading it. he turned white. as he should have. since i found out it was him i have a camera pointed down the front of my house into his property. it is a nice sign stating what it is. i cant "legally"harrass him but there is no law about educating him and prominatly displaying security measures.
Old October 6, 2005, 03:40 PM   #12
GLP Standard

I lived about 20 minutes from where the whole Jessica Lunsford thing happened, in fact when I moved down to Florida at first I lived in the same town for a while. My neighborhood had about 30 or 40 sexual predators in it. Just in MY neighborhood. Theres definately a lot of sexual predators down there. I dont agree however with what someone said about cops down there being stupid. If they werent capable of doing their job, they wouldnt let them become cops. The way youre making it sound, they dont even have high school diplomas. Maybe in Alabama or Kentucky yeah (jk) but in Florida you have to have atleast a high school diploma and its a lot of training and schooling. Just as much as anywhere else. I know because I was looking into it when I lived down there.
Old October 6, 2005, 04:08 PM   #13
rgoudy1975

It would be hard not to do this. Not the right thing, but what every Dad feels:

http://www.filecabi.net/host/file/dadsrevenge/wmv

Don't flame me, this is not me in the video
Old October 6, 2005, 04:36 PM   #14
Mannlicher

SomeKid opines :"Someone shoulda told the Father about FLs new 'kill'm when you get annoyed' law. He obviously had the right set of mind to rush out for his kid, too bad he didn't save us taxpayers the expense."

This is SO wrong. The new Florida law does NOT allow you to 'killim when you get annnoyed' It's irresponsible to post crap like that.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old October 6, 2005, 04:43 PM   #15
AttackTurtle

He would have been able to have defend his child by shooting the pervert BEFORE the new law. Kidnapping is a forcable felony isnt it?

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
Old October 6, 2005, 05:05 PM   #16
cuate

Of course firearm protection is necessary in every home everywhere but the sexual predator problem is the law and the courts and wuss judges. If the most severe laws were enacted and manditory application in the courts we might not have so many repeaters running the streets. Now we are not talking about statutory rape where two youngsters, like a boy 18 or nineteen and a girl 15 0r 16 are involved, both willingly. The boy generally goes to jail but you can bet he won't ever repeat that situation.

I would endorse either the death penalty or life without parole for the real predators, I don't think chemical castration works but real castration possible might. I am very aware of its effects on horses, cattle, sheep and goats.
Old October 6, 2005, 05:25 PM   #17
Clinot

Those of you with children, check every once in a while yourself to see if you have any level offenders or any reports (from the police station) of child molestation within your neighborhood. Most importantly advise your children of the needed steps to take to stay safe

Link to a map: http://www.mapsexoffenders.com/ (be sensible of others rights, no matter how you feel)

A few tips:
  • Make sure that your child knows that there are never any secrets between you and them.
  • Make sure that your child knows that adults and children never keep secrets.
  • Make sure that your child is aware of what is considered inappropriate touching (anywhere between the shoulders, down and to the thighs both inner and outer).
  • Make sure that your child is aware that someone stroking or carressing them is also considered inappropriate touching.
  • Make sure that your child is comfortable saying 'NO' and meaning no.
  • Make sure that that child can SCREAM.

A horror story that happened local to me as told to me by the father:

His little girl gets off the school bus each day at 3 pm, the bus stop is within view of the house. The girl only has to walk about one hundred yards to get home. So, day 1 comes and as she is walking home there is a man washing his car a few feet from the bus stop, as she gets closer the man asks introduces himself and asks her for her name.
Day 2 comes around, the same man is outside again washing his car around the time she comes home and as she walks by he asks her if she likes the music that he is playing.
Day 3 comes around and the man is sitting in the back seat of his car and asks her if she wants to come in and play/rest together. He asks her if she likes lolipops while he is opening touching/stroking himself

She RAN home and told her dad. The father calls the police and they catch the guy in the back seat of the car still aroused and in a full state of erection -masturbating.

Turns out he was a level 3.

Keep your children safe!
Old October 6, 2005, 10:05 PM   #18
psycho nut

It should be like in Sin City where Bruce Willis blows the guy's junk off with a revolver.
Old October 6, 2005, 10:18 PM   #19
chemist308

Quote:
IMO it is unfortunate the perp survived the encounter.
Nah...perp is in for a little predation of his own when gets to prison. If they don't just hurt or kill him for what he did, they'll have a little fun of their own with him...
Old October 6, 2005, 11:06 PM   #20
lcgriff

Sexual offenders ought to get life in prison or death on their first offense. None of this offend 5 or 6 times before they get put away for two years. People who take away a child's innocence and prey on people who can't defend themselves are the worst scum of the earth. Three months ago here in Idaho we had a case where a previously convicted sex offender was let out on bail from Minnesota, comes to Idaho, murders 3 people and repeatedly molests a girl and her brother. This girl had to have 4 surgeries to repair her private parts. When are we as a society going to stand up and demand the courts and politicians get tough on these perverts?
Old October 6, 2005, 11:31 PM   #21
AndrewTB

Im amazed some of you are talkign about this like its funny. Theres no need to make funny remarks. Just pull the trigger is all you have to do. THe video rgoudy1975 posted is a great example of true justice.
Old October 7, 2005, 12:20 AM   #22
Pointer

chemist308

The prison authorities segregate sex-offenders from the rest of the penal population.

They need to be protected from being sexually abused. :barf:
Old October 7, 2005, 12:28 AM   #23
GodblessAmerica

Amen, LC
I think I read somewhere that our government is supposed to be of the people, by the people and for the people... . Seriously, the courts uphold and frequently "interpret" the laws that are made by state and federal legislators and approved by Governors and Presidents. Last time I checked, we elect all of them (except judges in some areas who are appointed by elected officials btw). It seems most elected officials desire to stay that way, so we as their electors must either make them walk the line on critical issues like child molestation/sex offenders or we must fire them and replace them with someone who will. The electoral process in this country lets us play like Donald Trump in The Apprentice. Don't like local, state, federal politicians who won't make the right decisions, especially when they're the really hard ones? Tell them "You're Fired". This process has to continue to be used in this country to keep it free and great. Write letters, send e-mails, call and Vote. Vote. Did I mention Vote? Thanks for helping keep America free.
G
Old October 7, 2005, 08:59 AM   #24
mildot

Send this message to every girls you know...

Girls, I don't know what kind of world we are living in when something as
violent
and dehumanizing as rape still happens at a rate of 1 women every 30
seconds, the
rapists are continually coming up with new ways to indulge in their
perversions
while protecting themselves, so when the date rape drug was not enough,
and the
spread of aids is not enough, TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, now they have
thought up
something else that just compounds the already horrendous act of
rape.....please
read and share this with as many people as possible..........

PLEASE READ...........

A woman, at Rain nightclub (Halifax) last Saturday night (Sept.10/05) was
taken by 5
men, who according to hospital and police reports, gang raped her before
dumping
her. Unable to remember the events of the evening, tests later confirmed
the repeat
rapes and along with traces of Rohypnol in her blood, was Progesterex,
which is
essentially a small sterilization pill. The drug is now being used by
rapists at
parties to rape AND sterilize their victims. Progesterex is available to
vets to
sterilize large animals. Rumour has it that Progesterex is being used
together with
Rohypnol, the date rape drug.

As with Rohypnol, all they have to do is drop into the girl's drink. The
girl can't
remember a thing the next morning, of all that had taken place the night
before.
Progesterex, which dissolves in drinks just as easily,is such that the victim
doesn't conceive from the rape and the rapist needn't worry about having a
paternity
test identifying him months later. The drug's effects ARE NOT
TEMPORARY-They are
P*E*R*M*A*N*E*N*T Progesterex was designed to sterilize horses. Any female
who takes
WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CONCEIVE. The weasels can get this drug from anyone
who is in
the vet school or any university. It's that easy, and Progesterex is about
to break
out big everywhere. Believe it or not, there are even sites on the
Internet telling
people how to use it. Please COPY

(NOT FORWARD)

this to everyone you know, especially girls. Be careful when you're out
and don't
leave your drink unattended. Please make the effort to PASS this on to all
you
know...................................................Guys,

please inform all your female friends and relatives
Old October 7, 2005, 09:05 AM   #25
zejs1

http://www.snopes.com/toxins/progest.htm

There's no such drug as "Progesterex". Being careful is one thing, but there's no point in passing the Progesterex business along.
Closed Thread