The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 13, 2001, 10:00 PM   #1
exilefromhell

If I only had the $$$$$

Does any bank finance a purchase like this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/Vie...p?Item=1634315

does anybody know anything about this gun? how old is it probably? do you think that it is worth it?
Old July 13, 2001, 10:32 PM   #2
exilefromhell

what kind of wear do full auto weps get...or is this something that the factory takes precautions for in production? a full auto ar-15 will run some serious $$$. could i take a new gun and get it with a threaded barrel on it so i can get it surpressed afterwards. and pay whatever tax... i would love to get a full auto but i'm skeptical and don't think that a purchase like that is worth it IMO. with that kind of money, i probably could buy two of the guns i mentioned above and some hand guns too. the pic below is what i am talking about and am interested in. please help. i really appreciate the help everybody has given up so far...this is a great place!

and is there some sort of sear (or whatever) conversion to turn a regular ar to a full auto (all nfl rules applicable of course)?

I posted a similar reply in the general on this.

Last edited by exilefromhell; July 13, 2001 at 11:12 PM.
Old July 14, 2001, 11:11 PM   #3
blades67

Quote:
I guess it depends on your loan officer and whether he likes shooting.

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old July 15, 2001, 12:26 AM   #4
PreserveFreedom

Quote:
Depending on how your credit is, you can get anything financed. You don't have to even mention what you are buying. You may get the money on a signature (unsecured) loan. You can also borrow against your home, auto, or other personal property. I can't speak for banks, but I know that guns are preferred personal property collaterol for many loan companies because they are valuable and serial numbered, and therefore easier to levy against in a case of nonpayment of the debt.