The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 11, 2000, 06:26 PM   #1
gunpowder

I have a SW99 and am considering a High ride strong side for CC. Because this is a newer model I have found High ride designs from Alessi(close Quarter Covert), Galco (The F.L.E.T.C.H.), and Kramer (Belt Scabbard). Safariland and blade-tech also support this gun but not in a high ride as far as I am aware of.
Anyone have any experiences with these models and can give their experiences?
Old January 11, 2000, 09:09 PM   #2
Bulldog

I can't comment on your choices, but M/D Enterprises, www.customholsters.com , and The Waldon Holter Company, www.waldonholsters.com , have great models that ride extremely high.

I have a BS-2 from M/D Enterprises for a Glock 30 and a Raptor Defense set from Waldon for a Glock 27, and both practically disappear under a light jacket or shirt.

The Raptor:

The BS-2:

[This message has been edited by Bulldog (edited January 11, 2000).]
Old January 12, 2000, 07:56 AM   #3
Ossi

One more maker for good very high ride holsters is Bob Mernicle http://www.mernickleholsters.com/bm_fperf.html

Ossi
Old January 12, 2000, 09:38 PM   #4
Rosco Benson

I am currently working with and evaluating an Alessi CQC/S. This is the CQC, with a clever snap attachment to the belt, a bit reminiscent of the late Bruce Nelson's "Patriot" or The Wilderness's nylon "zip slide". The Alessi rig is extremely well made and boned to perfection. It permits a full firing grip upon initial hand/gun contact and is quite fast, while being quite secure.

I wouldn't call the CQC/S "high-ride", but its about the perfect height for me. I like it very much.

Rosco
Old January 12, 2000, 10:29 PM   #5
SAWBONES

gunpowder;
Your choices make it easy. Go with Alessi. The CQC/S should fit your needs well, and the workmanship of Lou Alessi's products far outshines Kramer or Galco. I know; I have examples of all their products, and the stuff from Kramer & Galco can't hold a candle to Lou's work. All told, I think I have 14 examples of Lou's artwork at present, with more on order! You will not be disappointed.

------------------
"Potius sero quam nunquam."

Old January 15, 2000, 01:12 AM   #6
Dorcas

I also have a CQC/S, and have to admit it's sweet. One move vote for Lou... BTW, he's a great guy to do business with. If you have any questions either drop him an e-mail, or post a message at the gunspot holster forum. He moderates it.

bkm...

------------------
Anyone worth shooting, is worth shooting twice...
Old January 15, 2000, 11:44 AM   #7
slickpuppy

I have a Galco FLETCH for my 1911 and it works. There are far better out there I'm sure. I bought it because it was the only thing I could find locally and I needed it immediately. I'm no pro on gun leather by any means, but compared to my leather shoulder holsters from Bianchi for my Python and scoped Super 14 Contender the Bianchi models win out. Don't know how Bianchi is these days though.
Old January 18, 2000, 09:29 PM   #8
DaveD

Well all but the Alessi are in my dead holster bin. The Alessi CQC-S in the finest holster I have worn in my 23 years of carry. My Alessi collection includes 5 CQC-S a custom P7M13 and the best ankle rig known to mankind. Everything is Alessi. Check them out at www.rfholsters.com
Old January 18, 2000, 10:47 PM   #9
Jim V

Lou Alessi makes some of the nicest holsters around, he is a true gentleman and takes an interest in his customers. I have three of his holsters and magazine pouches that were custome made for my wants. The prices were better than what I expected to pay and the workmanship is great. I reccomend his work highly.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"