The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 5, 2013, 12:34 AM   #26
Pastordee

Check out 5-11 shirts they are designed for concealed carry, they got discreet velcro tabs on the sides that come undone on the upstroke of the shirt at the draw, the colors available are not as printable as others too, they are also a tad thicker which helps with printing.
They have snap buttons that look like traditional buttons, so a bellyband access is quicker as well. They also have handy inside tactical mesh pockets that can hold a clip under your armpit.
And they don't look like you're going to a combat shoot.

A good IWB holster and solid belt will keep things closer to the body and either learn how to bend over quickly or go down on one knee.

Like the knowlegeable folks on the other posts say, it's always a trade off
Old January 5, 2013, 12:41 AM   #27
9mm

Why no small gun, like Glock 26? you can't get your hands on them? hate them? If you want little to no printing as possible go with wearing a holster at high noon, its best spot for large guns IMO.

For shirts, you could wear a t shirt with an over shirt.

Small guns only serve as BUG's for me, and wouldn't carry one for main gun, the bug should be invisible, thats what it is a "bug".

Last edited by 9mm; January 5, 2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old January 5, 2013, 09:55 AM   #28
j3ffr0

Sounds like your number one priority with a CCW is not printing. That's mine too, and that's why I pocket carry a .380. A CCW is a trade-off, and the #1 reason people do carry .380s is deep concealment.

I'm not as well equipped as a guy who carries a glock 17. It's okay; I'm not in a who carries the best gun contest. However, I can be as active as I want, stay cool, and avoid printing. The statement, "I only carry fullsize..." is similar to, "I only eat burritos for lunch..." It's only true until it's not, and no one really cares except the person making the statement. Sometimes it's worth reconsidering things we identify with. It's okay to change. The .380 is more than I ever hope you or I need anyway.

Just a thought. I hope you find something that works better for you in any case.
Old January 5, 2013, 12:49 PM   #29
dajowi

Checked out the CCWBreakaway shorts. WOW! Do people really dress that way? They should have photo-shopped a tan on that pale male it made my eyes hurt.
Old January 5, 2013, 06:26 PM   #30
johnwilliamson062

You can carry in a drop leg under baggy pants and it wont print much. Cut the pocket liner and you can draw through pocket. Some negatives there, but...
Old January 5, 2013, 07:22 PM   #31
wuluf

Kimber Ulta Carry

.45, 3" barrel.
mine is reliable, accurate and easy to conceal.

Old January 6, 2013, 11:48 AM   #32
biggun_

I'm also active and wear t shirts very often. Black t's help with printing the best! Also buy them long.
Old January 6, 2013, 11:45 PM   #33
johnwilliamson062

Yes, a T that matches the guns finish under a light shirt will help conceal it a great deal. When I used to wear white dress shirts the people I worked with regularly asked me why I wore black under shirts. They never asked me why I had a G27 IWB. Without the undershirt the black was clearly visible under my dress shirt.
Old January 7, 2013, 08:26 AM   #34
Tactical Jackalope

Thanks guys! Took a bit of everything you all said, especially the last two posters. Went with new pants. Black Dickies, which have big pockets and it's a thick material. With my Glock 19 pocket carried. That's enough gun with this and two spare mags just in case.

Thanks a bunch gentlemen. All of you.
Old January 9, 2013, 01:18 AM   #35
Justice06RR

I just find your predicament a bit odd. Its Your choice of course, to carry what you want, but it will take some effort to find a good carry setup.

I have used a belly band to carry a M&P9, XD40sub, and Glock19 under just under a t-shirt. I'm sure you can carry a full size 1911 too or any pistol of that size, but remember the tradeoff is size and weight obviously.

The Glock pocket carried will bounce around if you are doing any running or active exercise.

if you've never seen a belly band, they look like this and cost about $15.

Old January 9, 2013, 01:49 AM   #36
JimmyR

Guns are tools

OP, I have to say, I think the fundamental thing to remember is that a gun is a tool. Nothing more. If you had a repairman coming to fix your water that only used a crescent wrench, but no other tools, you would laugh at him or her. Different tools for different functions or situations.