The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 24, 2008, 08:55 AM   #1
gorgon24

TripleGlocker - BIG TIME Scammer. Please Read!

Please Note the deal TripleGlocker is referring to occured on Glock Talk ... NOT on The Firing Line!

This is gorgon24 or quasimodo the Glock Talk (George Johnston to my friends).
TripleGlocker - Marino Bush and/or Charly Cheng depending who he identifies himself is in Saudi Arabia. He does NOT share this little bit of information when trying to make a trade.

When I asked if he has any references on GT or any other site he simply said he had never traded before. I provided him with a link to The Firing Line and my user name to see I have made many successful trades.

Late that night ,after providing my address, I get a email saying my package would be mailed at 0800 the following day. And that his address was a Postal Box in Riyadh in the Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia.

So I contacted him to tell him I was uncomfortable with this. I said I wouldn't ship until I received my package and had some sort of reassurance he was who he said. After checking the USPS website I find it is ILLEGAL to do what this member promised me it was legal (and I asked him specifically) to do.

Marino and/or Charly (TripleGlocker) now says he is having the USPS put a hold on a package that was mailed. Well that is new to me. I can honestly say I have mailed things in the past that I WISH I could have stopped.

Should anyone know any other information please post it. IF I am wrong and someone has had a positive experience with TripleGlocker please let me know. Although it looks like he just joined to try to hurt my good reputation here among folks I have traded with successfully.

I do believe we may have weeded out a foreign scammer my friends. I would hate to think that a potential terrorist and threat to our troops is using this forum to obtain items to use against our soldiers.

Please be very cautious!

Last edited by gorgon24; July 24, 2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old July 24, 2008, 09:23 AM   #2
mniesen89

My lord Gorgon, seems like you've had the worst luck lately!
Old July 24, 2008, 12:03 PM   #3
gorgon24

I must admit I have been running into some real knuckle heads recently.

I normally have very successful trades on TFL.

Get this - TripleGlocker has been a member, and busted, as a foreign spammer on at least one other site that I can confirm. I was just contacted by a member of Glock Talk that provided a link to a Third site where TripleGlocker going by another alias is pulling the same scam.

Ladies and gentlemen let my string of bad luck at least be of some use.....

Beware of TripleGlocker
Old July 24, 2008, 01:02 PM   #4
gorgon24

TripleGlocker Update .... Not a "possible scammer" - A PROFFESIONAL SCAM ARTIST

Ok folks my email and PM's from several forums have been going nuts. This guy has multiple P.O. Boxes in Saudi Arabia and has scammed more people than you can imagine. I am one of the lucky ones that still has the items I planned to trade. I usually trust folks and ship right away. But when this guy gave me 2 different names and then after I gave him my address said he was in Saudi Arabia I had a red flag moment.

Please go to this link on blade forums:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=520121

You can read all about him.

Then go to Glock Talk and do a search on "TripleGlocker". There you will find the items he scammed the good folks from blade forums out of for sale or trade. I have a bad feeling this dirt bag is financing his own little terrorist war against our troops. Scamming folks may be the least of the reasons to hate this punk!

Watch out for the following:

Charly Cheng (Marino Bush)
Al Nemer Bldg Along Olaya Road
Postal Box 10525
Riyadh 11443
Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
Mobile No. +966 56 78 650 88

His email now is:
[email protected]

He has other names and addresses listed on blade forums. Common items are but not limited to - Charly Cheng, Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, 11443. He gets very pushy, demanding. No feedback or successful trades. Refuses to ship first. Says he ships but no proof. Makes excuses. You NEVER see your items. You get scammed. You never hear from him again.

Please post or contact me with other information. I am collecting as much information as I can then contacting a friend in law enforcement.

Beware my friends.
George
gorgon24 (TFL and blade forums)
quasimodo (glock talk)

Last edited by gorgon24; July 25, 2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old July 24, 2008, 07:55 PM   #5
Michael A. Le Lack

Watch.out!

:barf::barf::barf:If.it's.too.good.to.d.true.it.usually.ism't
Old July 24, 2008, 08:12 PM   #6
dogtown tom

Quote:
gorgon24: Marino and/or Charly (TripleGlocker) now says he is having the USPS put a hold on a package that was mailed.
US Postal Service? In Saudi Arabia?
Old July 24, 2008, 09:12 PM   #7
gorgon24

dogtown tom,
I know! LOL. Here is the exact post he left on several threads I have posted on here at TFL....

PHP Code:
GT quasimodo firingline gorgon24 

This person is not A MAN of his WORD

Can't confirm to me when he sent the package for me 
and keeps on avoiding my question, so I'
m requesting USPS to HOLD this package.

Just lost 22at the post office for this
I have been so screwing with his head for over a week! He has sent me so many nasty grams. I love it when I can get the best of a scammer.

Hey Michael,
Problem is it wasn't to good to be true. It was actually a fair deal.
BTW - What's up with your new language?
Quote:
If.it's.too.good.to.d.true.it.usually.ism't
You talking code or what?
Old July 24, 2008, 09:34 PM   #8
Michael A. Le Lack

Keys.screwed.up.hard.emailimg.without.space.key.amd.the.keys.left.of."M"&right.of"V"
Old July 24, 2008, 11:32 PM   #9
Juhosaphat

You want a keyboard? Shoot me your address and I'll send you my old keyboard that has a working space key lol
Old July 25, 2008, 09:37 AM   #10
Daniel BOON

its a shame

that some people can not be trusted.
Old July 25, 2008, 09:54 AM   #11
RsqVet

Well folks and friends the internet has made many things much easier.

On ebay junk I never valued has brought me money well beyond what I would have ever guessed I would see for things I don't value.

On guns america it means that I can find way more guns to want to buy than I ever thought possible.

And everywhere it means that scam artists can ply their trade. No diffirent than 15 years ago when I got scamed buying used parts in a new box... just our friend the computer making it easier to do it more often and over greater distances so prosecution is much harder.

Here and elsewhere on the net I more or less will only deal with folks in the US on high dollar items unless prior arrangements are made. A little bit of trading with europe and japan but not much --- mostly selling to very eager buyers for (non-gun) collectables. 9 times out of 10 the pain in the rear that sending / gettign stuff from other countries outweighs the deal you are getting. When you add in the risk it's just not worth it; offten I use the shipping as an excuse but more offten then not it's the shipping and the risk.

Gorgon --- feel a little sorry for him... if he does this in his local and gets caught he may end up with something cut off. One handed typing will sure slow the guy down. Given what happens to thiefs in Saudi he is showing adaptive behavior.
Old July 25, 2008, 10:59 AM   #12
gorgon24

RsqVet,
You make very good points. I have sent MANY items to Iraq and Afghanistan in the past but Always to an APO/FPO. If this guy had not represented himself as a service person (or ex-service person) training others I wouldn't even have sent him a second email.
I do hope you are correct and he runs into the law in his home town. From some of the emails I received I believe he may already have had a run in with them. It sounds as if he was busted for rape. Going by Islamic law you know what that means was cut off! Now that is adaptive behavior!
Old July 25, 2008, 11:22 AM   #13
gorgon24

rootcanal,
Sorry folks for the bad link. Not sure what happened. Try it again.

Just in case.... here it is once more.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=520121

Respectfully,
George
Old July 25, 2008, 08:00 PM   #14
Michael A. Le Lack

Gorgon24

Off.topic.eed.some.advice,What.would.you.purchase.for.the.same.$$$.a.Ed.(d)row(m).or.a.(m)ighthawk
Old July 25, 2008, 08:05 PM   #15
gorgon24

Michael,
Neither if I were you! I would purchase a new PC or at least a Keyboard!
Old July 26, 2008, 04:01 PM   #16
Michael A. Le Lack

Key(d)oard

Ha,Ha..I.have.1.om.the.way.from.a.fellow.forum.memder.,,decided.to.purchase.the.2.or.doth.
Old August 1, 2008, 08:12 AM   #17
gorgon24

TripleGlocker Update

Just wanted to let you good folks know that as expected nothing arrived. I am just glad I didn't send the Saudi anything.

If anyone traded with him (I know a couple of folks did) I think waiting by the mailbox would be pretty much a waste of your time.

I wish I could have warned everyone sooner.

My Rules to trade by:
- Don't deal outside the US.
- No references ... THEY ship first. PERIOD!
- If the deal sounds to good to be true, chances are It is.
- Ask questions if uncertain of the person you are trading with.
- If for any reason you get that "funny feeling" about a trade, listen to it and don't do the trade.
- If it is a FTF for a firearm always see at least one form of State ID (minimum). I use a transfer paper at times.
- Always use a FFL for out of state transactions.
- Have Fun!

Respectfully,
gorgon24
Old August 13, 2008, 05:01 PM   #18
quasimodo

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
Old August 13, 2008, 09:43 PM   #19
gorgon24

Ignore The Idiot

This is gorgon24 (quasimodo) George Johnston!

Don't Fall for this CRAP.

This is the SAUDI trying to either make me look bad or rip off good folks again.

Just search gorgon24 here on TFL or quasimodo on GlockTalk. You will see this is indeed my Post.

Please report anything this member post to the moderators. I guarantee he is out to screw someone!

Contact me personally if you have any questions or would like to see the emails we have shared.

He is using a email close to one I use.
HIS IS .... [email protected]

Don't Contact For the Saudi's Crap.

- George
Old August 14, 2008, 01:34 AM   #20
JohnKSa
Staff

If you're aware of a problem with a TFL member relating to a scam, spamming, pretending to be another member, posting personal information, etc., please inform staff immediately.
Old August 14, 2008, 07:15 AM   #21
gorgon24

JohnKSA - Will Do!

JohnKSa,
I did and will do so again!
Just some back ground.....
I reported Charly Cheng (Marino Bush.. etc.) as a verifiable scammer. He is either attempting retaliate or use my exact post (and glocktalk name) to rip folks off.
Please compare the following TFL post:

MINE:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=304599

Scammers:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=305064

Same post.... Only difference is I (George, gorgon24 on TFL, quasimodo on glock talk ONLY) actually have the items listed.

Thank you for locking his sale already. The people you saved are our members.

Beware my friends.
George
gorgon24 (TFL and blade forums)
quasimodo (on glock talk ONLY)